Royal Mail tracker...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered some batteries on March 14 The guy said they were posted RM 48 hour tracked, they hadn't arrived by the 25th so I contacted the seller.
Nice guy who said he would send more immediately.
Guess what both packs arrived today.

2 days back ebay tells me I've had a parcel delivered.
No sign of it and it was a little ££.
Flagged to ebay " not received"
Ebay soon comes back, yes, delivered, here's the RM tracking number, call them.
Call to RM queues for 30 mins.
Nice woman answers. Polite, helpful, tells me it was left w a neighbour, which one and what the signature read.
All solved, but it would have been much easier if they'd left a card as they're supposed to.

Special Delivery is worth using, their other services are all second division.

Not as bad as Fedex.
I followed their GPS tracker all day to be sure I was in for a delivery. "Delivery attempted, no one present". They never got within 15 miles of the place ! Lying toads.
There's a failed management system if ever there was one.

Last edited:
tracking.png

This is an update on my "Tracked 48" package, TODAY..

What the F do they they do when they find them.

With any of these services - get a refund - hit them where it hurts. If they don't meet their contractual 24 or 48 hours, then the fee is repaid.

Of course, this benefits the sender not the recipient.

Track your parcel!
Track your package!

Inserted the reference number....

"An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item"

Well, that's bloody handy then!
So when it's sitting on my doormat, I'll be able to track it!
Parcel Farce?

View attachment 178426

This is an update on my "Tracked 48" package, TODAY..

What the F do they they do when they find them.
I had a similar issue with a parcel sent to me. Arrived at Bristol MC OK.

I attempted to chase it - that's a laugh using the contact link...
Visited my local sorting office, left a print out of the tracking page and asked if they could contact Bristol MC - internal communications I thought... sorting office to sorting office... 🤔🤣

*THREE* weeks after expected delivery due date I received a card from Bristol MC... request to pay underpaid postage. Paid, arranged a delivery date, received parcel. Issue was size of parcel (2 cm over size, one side - TWO cm!) for the size/weight chosen by the seller.

No problems with the seller as he refunded the purchase and delivery costs because we thought the parcel was lost in the sorting office. When I received it I paid him again but not the point.

I find that Royal Mail tracking is pants , dpd are decent now giving you a 1 hour time slot. Had a message last week from them - your parcel will be delivered by xxx xxx between 8.57 and 9.57 . 2nd message xxx xxx is 30 mins away 3rd message your next xxx xxx is a few minutes away. 4th message xxx xxx was unable to deliver your parcel 😡🤬😡🤬😡 AI online chat useless, phoned and spoke to a very helpful young lady who agreed he did not attempt g to he delivery and she would send him back-long / short is he did eventually deliver it but to a nearby shop for me to collect. 3 days later ghey xxx xxx did the same thing again for a delivery to my sons home .. same driver ..

Had notification of a delivered parcel left with a neighbour the other day. Not expecting anything, and not knowing which neighbour it had been left with, we checked the tracking number. That was not recognised.
The following day we had a word with the postman. He checked and found the parcel had been successfully delivered in Southampton .
We live in Bradford?

I have also noticed the farcical Royal Mail tracker that only tells you when they attempt (alledgedly) to deliver.

Did have a delivery years ago that showed on the tracking system as "driver attemmpted delivery, no one at home" this happened twice so I rang the local office and asked for the drivers mobile number, when asked what I wanted his number for I told them I was going to ring the driver and ask him to describe what my front door looked like and what colour was it? The package was delivered the next morning............

I sat in a bay window and watched the postman five feet away put a "we attempted to deliver a parcel" (or some such) note through my letterbox. Not a knock, not a ring on the bell.
Which beggars the question, WHY!? Surely if you have gone to a door to put a card in, why not take the bl##dy package instead!

DPD have really lost the plot.
I waited 2 months for my delivery and they gave me 30 minutes notice at 07.00am on a Sunday morning that it's out for delivery today, 07.34am ding dong. I checked the tracking in their app last thing every night to see if there's any progress "you have no parcel activity" Suddenly it's at my door 😬

DPD have really lost the plot.
I waited 2 months for my delivery and they gave me 30 minutes notice at 07.00am on a Sunday morning that it's out for delivery today, 07.34am ding dong. I checked the tracking in their app last thing every night to see if there's any progress "you have no parcel activity" Suddenly it's at my door 😬
You really need to tell us when DPD received it before you complain about such precise information.

You really need to tell us when DPD received it before you complain about such precise information.
Well that was my point, I have no idea when they received it but they did say they had the documents but not the parcel for a few weeks, then it changed back to no parcel activity.
So you think 30 minutes notice is okay?
I personally don't find that acceptable, they should have at least updated their app to show that they had the parcel.
To clarify my point, the parcel arrived before I had the notification that is was going to be delivered. It seems like they updated their information on the app after delivery.

Last edited:
We have an Evri driver in the village who is brilliant. The last RM 48 tracked I had took eight days.
Same here with our Evri guy. The last RM48 I had arrived in 24! The same with PF 48, that I sent, were delivered in 24.
It's all down to staff IMHO. Our regular postie is brill, but some 'relief' ones are total 'silly billies', too lazy to press a bell, or kick the door,. Opened my front door one Sunday mid day to find a parcel in my porch, RM relief postie!

Back