10 cruise ships laying off Torquay this weekend .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just demonstrates where people's preoccupations are at the moment.
Harmless enough, just keep drifting back to the main issues of the day.

so why didnt they claim asylum in the very first "safe" country they came to if they are that desperate. sorry if that offends people but that is how the asylum system is intended to work.

so why didnt they claim asylum in the very first "safe" country they came to if they are that desperate. sorry if that offends people but that is how the asylum system is intended to work.
More go elsewhere but the ones who come to Britain regard it as the first "safe" country often because they have connections, or speak the language or other reasons. Being sent back to France isn't safe - there's a huge human trafficking thing going on and people simply disappear, especially the young and vulnerable.
Life is a serious business for a lot of people, not for me, nor you, if you are lucky.

I've just read the first page of this thread and post #2 was a serious breach of forum rules and will not be tolerated. With further general posts ref asylum, refugees etc I don't think this thread is heading anywhere nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back