10 cruise ships laying off Torquay this weekend .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
and from the top of our road we can eyeball 5 of them on our side over to Babbacombe for the other five, it makes us feel if we live in the paradise.

Similar number off Bournemouth last time I was down there last year.

Much cheaper than putting them in the docks - if there was room.

Cheers James

Just out of interest does anyone know how many people have to remain on board?

Just out of interest does anyone know how many people have to remain on board?

I was told, less than a 100 are needed for essential maintenance, I can't vouch for the validity of that information as it was a bloke who said he was a crewman.

easier and cheaper to have them anchor in home waters with skeleton crews seeing as nobody's going cruising at the mo. Also most countries have banned foreign flagged passanger ships from their waters.

Interesting article here about it all

I was told, less than a 100 are needed for essential maintenance, I can't vouch for the validity of that information as it was a bloke who said he was a crewman.

And there was me thinking 4 or 5 🛳

And there was me thinking 4 or 5 🛳

Captain and crew to man the bridge and make sure the ship doesn't move 24/7. Engineers as the engines are running 24/7 as well, you also need to feed and clean up for all these crew, maintain the fresh water supplies, clean the ship as areas are still being used. Quite a lot of people involved just to keep the ship running and safe.

My ex neighbour is a Safety Officer on one of the Queens. They seem to spend time anchored in Lyme Bay, Weymouth Bay, and Poole Bay. Then back to Southampton to re-fuel, pick up provisions and change crew.

Nigel.

I was thinking about 10 (on board) as well, 100 is a real surprise.

Amazing ............. who would have thought you could political weaponise a thread on boats in Devon.

We could go from LN Vs Clifton to track saws Vs table to capitol hill to pandemic response to scrub planes and back to LN Vs Veritas in about 2 pages!!😂😂😂

Cheers James

Amazing ............. who would have thought you could political weaponise a thread on boats in Devon.
I agree. Brexiters have won. No need to go on blaming immigrants for everything. I don't suppose Priti Patel would be keen on putting them up in Cruise ships in any case.

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ers-dire-conditions-kent-napier-barracks-fire
you couldnt make it up. they caused the fire and are now complaining about the conditions it caused. perhaps they should have thought about it before starting the fire then.......
Not quite sure you understand the dire circumstances your life needs to be in to be claiming asylum in another country. It only needs a little empathy to have some grasp of how bad life is for some on this planet.

Not quite sure you understand the dire circumstances your life needs to be in to be claiming asylum in another country. It only needs a little empathy to have some grasp of how bad life is for some on this planet.
Absolutely. Good luck to the poor sods.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just the most heartbreaking picture. About the same age as my grandson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back