Wanted - Bosch Thicknesser attachment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan22

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could get a Bosch ADV 82 thicknessing attachment for hand-held Bosch planers, or have one to sell? They have been discontinued by Bosch.
Thanks

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I don't know what this add on looks like, but if it works like the thicknesser plate for the Multico planers I think it has been outlawed by health and safety regs.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the greeting! I'm not familiar with the Multico plate, but the Bosch item is a three-sided aluminium extrusion on which the planer forms the fourth side, with the cutter on the inside. You basically have a square-section tube, the length of the planer, with a height-adjustable bed on the inner surface opposite the cutters, to give the required thickness. The whole lot could be clamped by two clamps to a bench or similar. If you have a March - August Axminister catalogue from earlier this year, there is a picture in the planer section. It could handle stock up to 80mm wide by 70mm deep. I'not sure I could see a H & S issue with it, unless it's the fact that one of your hands could end up inside it.

Danny

I have one kicking about that is surplus to requirements. PM me and we'll see if we can come to an arrangement.

Does anybody have one of these attachments? I do alot of model making and one of these would be much easier than a large one. Many thanks

Back