So you watch a lot of Youtube stuff ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So you watch a lot of Youtube stuff - Did you know that if you're watching a long video and want to skip ahead, if you press 5 it will take you to 50% of the film. If you press 3 it will take you back to 30% etc. Mentioned this morning on the radio.

Yep, also pressing left or right arrow will skip 5 seconds, pressing J or L will skip 10 seconds.

Usually I will hover the cursor over the video timeline which shows a thumbnail picture and click to fast forward to that point.

"Hi and welcome to .."
..skip 10s..
"If that sounds interesting .. stick around!"
..skip 10s..
"As as I said in the intro, today we're going to.."
..skip 10s..
"But before I do that, let me mention this weeks sponsor"
..skip 10s..
"Oh and don't forget to like .."
..skip 10s..
"And smash that like button!"
..skip 10s..
"Did you also know you can support me on Patreon"
..skip 10s..

Steliz":1uevvasg said:
Usually I will hover the cursor over the video timeline which shows a thumbnail picture and click to fast forward to that point.

Likewise.

Nigel.

I think I've heard 'don't forget to like, subscribe and follow the links below' hundreds of thousands of times now :D I accidentally pressed a number key whence drunk once which is how I as discovered it.

Pressing F goes full screen, press again to go back.
Pressing M will mute.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Shift <
Shift >

for adjusting playback speed are also very useful. I generally have mine set to 1.25 .... people talk reaaallllyyy sllloooowwlllyy these days.

transatlantic":1zyfb45a said:
Shift <
Shift >

for adjusting playback speed are also very useful. I generally have mine set to 1.25 .... people talk reaaallllyyy sllloooowwlllyy these days.

Having heaps of fun with this, 0.5 speed makes everybody sound pineappled :D

Back