Bosch 1200 ae router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

routerman

Reaction score
Hiya all a newbie here I just bought a bosch router it say 1/4 inch can this be upgraded ?? to a 1/2 inch via a new (I believe Collett)?? any help or advice would be gratefully received :?:

Basically NO, the motor shaft will be too small an internal diameter to take a 1/2" bit.

Mike

But it will take an 8mm collet so slightly beefier. When I upgraded to a Festool OF1400 with 1/2 inch collet I put the Bosch into a home made table and it’s great for doing edge mouldings.

Not a tried and tested answer, but it looks as though the adapter slides along/attaches to the rail and then to the router via the fence rods, so the router is not actually on the rail, but at least its base plate diameter off it.

Mike

Re the guide rail, I can’t comment on the Bosch but I have used my Festool with guide rail to v groove about 20 metres of MDF to replicate T&G and it was quick and superbly accurate.

MikeJhn":1j4m0dd7 said:
Not a tried and tested answer, but it looks as though the adapter slides along/attaches to the rail and then to the router via the fence rods, so the router is not actually on the rail, but at least its base plate diameter off it.

Mike
Yes, I think that's right - question is, can this be a generic rail or the bosch DIY plastic ones (https://www.bosch-do-it.com/gb/en/diy/a ... -58767.jsp) that I'm not sure I like the look of?

Back