Lumberjack RT1500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
I am back in the UK and my workshop is in France, but I need to carry out a bit of timber moulding, so got hold of a Lumberjack RT1500, this was a shop soiled model on e-by for £100.00 delivered, have to say its a very solid all metal construction unit with a very smooth lifting mechanism, came with four different collets, so all eventualities taken care of, the fence is a bit off the wall and does not slide well on the metal table top, the mitre gauge is the normal loose affair, but not beyond the whit of man to sort out, as with all router tables and saw benches come to that, the bottom of the unit is open so chips off the router heading in that direction end up on the bench, again not beyond the whit of man, as I get to use the table I will update on here, but have to say in the first instance I am quite impressed especially for what I paid.

Mike

EDIT to add link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumberjack-RT1 ... B00ZOYF7RS

Well got a bit of use out of it today, and have to say I am extremely disappointed I can't find to much wrong with it practically, the dust extract port on the front of the fence gets in the way a bit, but can be taken off, the speed control seems to work well and the front adjustment for height is a wonderful thing to have, motor needed tightening to address some wobble of the collet, few tweeks here and there and I am well impressed, could do with a bigger table, that's is all I can think of that is negative.

Mike

I have been a bit spoilt with my UJK professional router table and the ease of adjustment of the fence, so the fence on this is getting a bit tiresome, will have a look for alternative fence's, but think I will probably end up with the UJK compact router fence, unless anyone can suggest something better.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technolo ... nce-508272

Mike

MikeJhn":1cf6jepm said:
I have been a bit spoilt with my UJK professional router table and the ease of adjustment of the fence, so the fence on this is getting a bit tiresome, will have a look for alternative fence's, but think I will probably end up with the UJK compact router fence, unless anyone can suggest something better.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technolo ... nce-508272

Mike

Obviously nothing better out there, so the Axminster compact router fence arrived to day, six holes drilled c/sunk and the fence is fitted, took all of half an hour, much happier now, makes a bargain router table into something much more worth while and usable.

Mike

Is it really seven years since I bought my Lumberjack RT1500, used it extensively over the years, today taking the arris off the four corners of ten 100mm square Oak fence posts 1.5m long, arris cut 1.2m long, did the job, still pleased with it.

Back