Jewellers No 0 Phillips screwdriver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finneyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I want a quality tool - taking the camera apart to clean the CCD and don't want to damage the screw heads.

Any suggestions on where to get a quality tool

Brian

Wiha picofinish are modern jewellers screwdrivers and excellent.
Otherwise, wera kraftform kompact set #12 includes a good small bit holder and bits include philips sizes 00, 0 and 1.
Either will do the job well.
Keep your eyes open for JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) drivers and bits. True JIS bits are nice to have if you do much work on consumer electronics.

Sideways":3ik2o8gx said:
Keep your eyes open for JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) drivers and bits. True JIS bits are nice to have if you do much work on consumer electronics.
I've been looking for a couple of basic JIS screwdrivers since I found out about them a few years ago but the few that I've seen are ridiculously expensive.

:)
I bought a (6?) pack once when travelling through asia, was told that the brand supplied the manufacturing companies assembly lines. Very expensive but very good fit in the matching screws.

Hope you like the set Brian, snag a couple of 50mm or even longer hex bits in ph2 and pz2 and that handle makes up into quite a nice small screwdriver. Takes very little space in a tool pouch or drawer.
Wera have a big catalogue and make quality kit.
Wiha screwdrivers are also excellent. Very well designed handles that are better than Wera's for some jobs.

Thanks Pete. They don't show up as JIS in a search so you don't get to read the comments which is where other users tell you they are.
OT. Sellers seem scared to give complete information. At one time you could go to sites like Argos for a complete spec list on an item. Now you have to ask to find out.

Back