Free Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May be worth approaching a furniture school like Waters Acland and them sending a student on one of the long courses your way
Funny that you mention that as I'd thought the same, only with Williams and Cleal - the school I trained at. If all else fails I'll take a look to find the best and closest to me.

Thanks, can you please say a little more about why you're interested?
Hi DrDerrick I’m interested very much interested because of I worked in a furniture making place for awhile where the tools were supplied I did buy some of my own but only a few basic tools nothing of really good makes as cost was of importance. I have retired myself now and would love to carry on making furniture my own designs for me and some good quality tools would not go amiss and I would love cleaning up and refurbish them. Also I would be prepared to donate to a charity of your choice

Hi DrDerrick I’m interested very much interested because of I worked in a furniture making place for awhile where the tools were supplied I did buy some of my own but only a few basic tools nothing of really good makes as cost was of importance. I have retired myself now and would love to carry on making furniture my own designs for me and some good quality tools would not go amiss and I would love cleaning up and refurbish them. Also I would be prepared to donate to a charity of your choice
Just to add collection would be no problem at for me thank you

Having closed down my workshop a few years ago I have some hand tools that I'd like to give away to a good cause - planes, chisels, saws, marking and measuring, etc. They're all good quality - Lie Nielsen, Veritas, Incra, and the like. They've been in the garage now for the past few years and are getting some rust, so will need cleaning up but they're all otherwise in good shape. The only other drawback is that they must be collected from North Lincs. Any suggestions?
Are there any mens sheds near you, am sure they would love them!

Hi again I was just wondering if you had made any decisions yet on your tools as you know I’m very keen

Yes, and I've spoken to them. I offered them tools and some tuition in using them and basic fine furniture making. They were polite and seemed interested but I never heard from them again.
Aw what a shame, sometimes the people who run these schemes want to keep it as "their" project etc, on the other hand maybe they lost your contact details, might be worth a quick call.

I'd like to give away to a good cause - planes, chisels, saws, marking and measuring, etc. They're all good quality - Lie Nielsen, Veritas, Incra, and the like...
“I’m a good cause and so’s my wife”…(fans of the flying circus will know) 🤣
As has been mentioned, the brands above aren’t run of the mill down to earth tools that are normally donated and as such potentially have significant value even if they aren’t in their best condition. I’m fairly sure you wouldn’t struggle finding purchasers for your tools on this forum in the “For sale” section who would be pleased to come and collect leaving you with the ability to deploy the income in as many directions as you wanted to…oh,and did I mention I live just 25 miles to the north west of Lincoln? 🤣

“I’m a good cause and so’s my wife”…(fans of the flying circus will know) 🤣
As has been mentioned, the brands above aren’t run of the mill down to earth tools that are normally donated and as such potentially have significant value even if they aren’t in their best condition. I’m fairly sure you wouldn’t struggle finding purchasers for your tools on this forum in the “For sale” section who would be pleased to come and collect leaving you with the ability to deploy the income in as many directions as you wanted to…oh,and did I mention I live just 25 miles to the north west of Lincoln? 🤣
Where there's a tip, there's a tap.

Back