You're not going to believe this...Good and Bad(ish) News

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MarkW":35dppv3s said:
:Get the garage set up in the new place as quickly as possible - you'll need somewhere for a little "sanctuary" once in a while, and it'll make it less likely to degenerate into winter storage for all the large plastic garden stuff you'll undoubtedly accrue over the next couple of years.

Firstly, congratulations...... :eek:ccasion5:

And secondly (re quote above) I'll second that. You'll struggle to get anything done in the first year. Get the workshop setup - then forget it. If I'm honest, on top of moving, and sorting out the million little jobs that need doing - I seriously doubt you'll have time to make cots / anything else. Its a real struggle to find time, and in the end, I gave in and we just bought everything we needed.

Adam

Adam":qvu6yj5u said:
I gave in and we just bought everything we needed.

Yeh I think you're right mate, see how it goes.

Congratulations Wizer!!!

My nipper just turned 1 year old a couple of weeks back.

Get your nappy changing table, cot and toybox made before the baby arrives. It's amazing how your priorities change once you've got a young 'un - If you're like me, you'll find that weekends are no longer shop-time, but family time. I was out for a family picnic on Saturday instead of getting started on the toybox like I should have been.

Congratulations again - You'll love every minute (providing you've had a good night's sleep)

Congratulations Tom, Just told Helen and she read your post. We wish you all the best and for a stress free move.

Will be a full house with a new baby and sugar can't remember the other dogs name, but the baby will have plenty of guardians.

Good luck

Les & Helen not forgetting Lucky.

Congratulations Wizer!

As has been said before workshop time just doesn't exist in the first year. Then just when you think you're going to get time another baby pops out. Money also becomes an issue when you lose swmbo's income.

Of course I wouldn't want to change things. Kids are great fun.

Dave

He shoots, he scores!! Well done fella.

Now we know why you have a bad back.. uh, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!

:)

WiZeR":1fgmey9b said:
Baby expected in mid October (we think) first scan this Thurs.
Congratulations! Similar to us - our daughter also arrived a little earlier than planned!!!

WiZeR":1fgmey9b said:
I'm not sure how much stuff i'm going to be able to make for baby. I'd like to make everything for the nursery but time will be a problem. Decorating may take up a lot. I will have a month or two in the current workshop so maybe one thing. A cot will be nice, will have to look around for plans... I don't think Norm has ever made one?

No shame in buying for the nursery - just save your making for later. By the time your son or daughter is ready for their first bed, you'll have more time available. And by that age, they can tell you just how much they like it! :) :)

Dave (maker of beds for both his daughters :) )

Latest posts

Back