You ever taken yer bird fishing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xy mosian":1x2p0v0o said:
Staggering, staggering, absolutely convincing.
xy

I think it would mean more if I could see it without the operators being visible. (I assume this is made for an animated film?) But yes, it was a bit clever.

John :D

The horse was made for a west end play called Warhorse, based on a book by a fellow who's name I forget. There was an all too brief TV show about it, 'Making Warhorse', under the stage lighting the operators almost disapeared. Then I always was susceptible.
I admire the amount of dedication it must take to achieve those skills, both making and performing.

xy

Now when I used to watch Noddy, I couldn't see the strings.
Or was it because as a child, I didn't realise there were strings? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind you I used to think that the 'Spitting Image' puppets were real! And I was an adult then!

I agree Mos.. It is a clever piece of puppetry, and those guys must have taken the study of the movement and habits of the horse, to the nth degree.

John :)

The book of Warhorse is by Michael Morpurgo who normally writes children's works and the stage play is absolutly fantasic, you are certainly not aware of any of the 'workings'. It is a real tear jerker as well. I heard that they are making a film of it though not sure if it is live action, puppetry or animated. Bound to be 3D!

Phil

That bird's getting too close to needing a fishing licence, plus it's closed season at the minute :p

Anthony

Back