Xcalibur Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, not been here for a while.

Has anyone had any experience with the 10" Xcalibur PT, and the company ?
I'm in Chester and was wondering if it's worth driving to Stockport to see it ?

Also, it appears the Dewalt 733 seems to be popular, but what is suggested as a stand alone planer to bring the total for both to around £500

Cheers

Jed.

Hi Jed

Quite a few members have an Xcalibur table saw from Stockport and seem to be very pleased with them. Maybe getting their PT will start a new trend :shock:

Dennis

Not see the P/T.

If you do go to Stockport, ring beforehand. Roy doesn't have a shop, it's a warehouse-cum-showroom, and it's not always manned, but if you call first, he'll make sure that it is open for you.

Cheers
Steve

hello,

After measuring up it appears a PT will just be to big in the garage, it looks like I'm going to get the DW733 thicknesser as it seems to get the best reviews, but I still need a recomendation for a jointer ?

Would I be able to use a good quality electric hand planer with a fence fitted ? or I've seen a WP150 jointer on Axminsters site, is that any good ?

Jed

Hello,

I've got a 10" Excalibur p/t on order from Roy, having already bought their 806 table saw (which is just as good as everyone says) Will let you know what it's like when it arrives: see the review on Woodford's website.Looks encouraging.......

Saintsman

Latest posts

Back