wow

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Hows this for a paint job I spotted it while working up town today in Knightsbridge. A chrome Porsche and I thought I had seen it all lol

3770363360_86e805a14a_o.jpg

There was a Lamborghini at Goodwood at the weekend, with a 'mirror' finish.
Looked very 'bling'.
I'd still rather have a Split screen panel van though!

So is that three split screen panel vans, Riley? :lol:

I remember a Land Rover that was polished aluminum panels with some sections cut away and replaced with perspex. That looked very 'bling' in the late 80's before 'bling' was even thought of.

I took pictures of a super-chromed Bugatti Veyron at Goodwood this year; for the man for whom driving a £1M Hypercar isn't quite ostentatious enough...

chippy1970":3v2yb46v said:
Doctor":3v2yb46v said:
Vinyl wrap, like a cheap kitchen door

Yeah it is a vinyl wrap but I bet it wasnt cheap :lol:

Id have a guess that on a car like that it is actually paint/chemical reaction! The paint shop down the road from me do chrome paint, i was going to have my mountain bike done in it, but when he gave me the price i quickly changed my mind.

He did say it can take up to 2 weeks to get a really good finish though, lots of smoothing, sanding.
The sample he showed me though was absolutely stunning, I think a whole car might look a bit naff however.

Good demo herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kwkki0bMk

chippy1970":1awy1vqp said:
I did a google as its got me wondering now too and found that it is a paint job rather than a vinyl wrap.

Yeah - real chrome plating is (surprisingly) difficult.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back