Buying tools from china

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7416.jpegIMG_7415.jpegIMG_7414.jpegBeing outside the UK also I would love to hear which AliExpress brand / supplier you can recommend for bandsaw blades.
Simon
These are the three who have supplied or are supplying.
some are for my metal cutting bandsaw.

I haven’t found that any are less good.

I cant get Tuff saw blades any more....
so I buy locally, Bahco is what he stocks...I need this guy as he sharpens saw blades etc....
Further
I wanted some planer blades for a DeWalt machine.....a little out of the ordinary, was told only direct from D/Walt....
€65 for 2......found em on Bangood for 15 euro's plus pence for delivery....perfect in every way.....
so where does D/Walt get their's from.....?
as for High end Chinese gear take a look at the new lathes bought on *cutting edge machining* on UUTube......

Biggest prob is the accountants and buyers allways wanting more profit.......just take a look at the cheapo ride-on mowers for one....

I have had the opportunity to buy quite a few brand new Holzmann branded Chineese machines for 50 cent per kilo. Never found one that was worth the price.

I lived in China for some time. I bought woodworking machines that fit my hobbyist needs but were inadequate for serious jobs. All of them were 220AC which is the standard power there. Once in my country, I hired a technician to wire my workshop to 220AC. The machines worked well until I needed a spare part.
Curiously I also bought several refurbished routers (3 Porter-Cable, 2 Dewalt, and 3 Dremel) for a very low price, they worked well until I sold them. All of them were 110AC.

I thought he said Aliexpress for the bandsaw blades, and the way Aliexpress works is there are multiple sellers under the umbrella not all as reliable as each other.
That's right. As I know Alibaba is not a retailer. They always state a MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) but so many small companies can sell anything to you. I used Taobao for my purchases.

I thought he said Aliexpress for the bandsaw blades, and the way Aliexpress works is there are multiple sellers under the umbrella not all as reliable as each other.
That was me who gets my blades from AliExpress. I have bought from many different sellers via them and though I have received a couple of really strange fake packages and a tiny number of DOA items AliExpress customer service is excellent and I’ve not lost more than a few pence from having spent several hundred pounds in agrigate over the last few years.
so far I haven’t got a bade blade and if I do I will have spent far less on all the good ones to balance the small amount I will have lost. My stratagem is never to buy if a product is much cheaper than the other suppliers, so far it has worked well.

Back