Small grass clippers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrytpot

Established Member
Reaction score
The good lady wife asked me to do a bit of research on which clippers she should get for tidying up some bits of grass growing where it’s unwelcome. Found this on the web and thought “wow, that looks so safe and perfect for the job,I wonder if this will do the job…and if not, can I use it for anything else..” 🤣
No prizes for guessing where on the planet these come from.

Attachments

• IMG_0380.png
    IMG_0380.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I was so intrigued that I had to go and look further. The pictures are terrifying, it is also a scam as it is only the the roller part is excludes the cutter. Interestingly the matching cutter in the UK site is a string cutter that uses cable-ties.

1685628031359.png

Just buy a small electric strimmer corded or battery,much safer to use than the one you are thinking about getting.

Where do you get "small grass" to clip, my stuff never seems to be small 😀

My neighbour could do with one of those ankle choppers to cope with the knee high grass in her front garden, and perhaps she could decapitate a peacock or two and quieten this area down considerably

Since I already had the batteries, I bought the Worx strimmer. Much more convenient than mains with cable,
powerful enough for grass, has proved reliable.

I have one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Cord...ZLFQB6/ref=asc_df_B00GZLFQB6/?tag=googshopuk- not that powerful, but does the job of trimming grass around flowers and steps.
I bought one of those, took it out, then put it back in the box and returned it. TBH and im sure you're getting on fine with it but the trimmer bit is really just too small.
Really small battery too at only 3.6v which takes about 4 hours to charge, plus its internal so you cant just slam in a fresh battery and keep going.

I went for the Sthil HSA26 instead. Much longer cutters, 10.6v battery and spare batteries are under 30 quid. Plus the same batteries fit the Sthil GSA26 mini chainsaw. Recharge time 0-100% is about 70 mins

HSA 26 + GSA 26 + Extension with wheels
telescopic-shaft-hsa26-only.jpg

hsa26-shrub-shear-_3_.jpg
gta26-body-only-new-2023-103.jpg

Last edited:
Bit unfair to judge a product you never used, the size is perfect for what I use it for which is trimming grass around my tulips in the lawn and it was bought over twenty years ago, before the commercially available brushless motors and LiOn batteries, If I was going to purchase now, I would buy a Works version as I have other Works 20v battery powered tools, including a very cute little lawnmower to mow inside my fruit cage.

Last edited:
Back