Would like a bigger chuck!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a very small lathe (due to lack of funds) which only has a 0.6 - 6mm chuck with a B10 taper fit. I have looked all over for one with a biger capacity but haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing out there, Ideally out to 12mm but with the same B10 taper fit??

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 728
I would imagine there is a direct correlation between motor capability, material stresses and workload handling. i.e. putting anything bigger on it would not be good for the motor/ bearings/ other fixings etc.

Yes I thought that could be the reason they only go to a 6mm capacity. The little lathe seems quite tough, I turn 30mm diameters on it buy putting a 6mm threaded bar through the piece - see picture!

I can see (search for B10 drill chuck) some that go to 8 mm, but I think drill chucks with a small B10 adapter are assumed to be used for drilling metal, and larger metal drills won't work with the small adapter without slipping, so no bigger ones are made.

Back