Worx sonicrafter 350 multitool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwpainting

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought one of these and very pleased so far, just knackered the velcro sanding pad thing and wonder if there is a preferred/better alternative to the worx own brand. I just looked at the Merka pad saver from Axminster which seem like a good idea, are these any good?
The worx pad did quite well I think, but I've never used one of these before so not really sure? the velcro seems knackered after I would say 8hours sanding. Is that good, average or bad?, I really don't know.

The power of this thing is excellent and from what I can remember of my son's Bosch cordless, this thing knocks it into a cock hat. I bought it to cut out the rotten bits on a veranda thing at home and its paid for itself already just on that alone, let alone the sanding.
One of the best tools I've ever bought, well pleased with it, there is no way I could have cut out some of the stuff I've had to remove with anything else, brilliant!

I've had a worx sonicrafter for about 5 years now. Its black and green, not like the modern colours. Its been a fantastic tool for cutting out electric light box holes in blockwork and many other jobs. Only just damaged the triangular sanding pad by trying to sand into concave corners.
Mine must have many times 8 hours, maybe you are just pushing down too hard?

I didn't think so but you may be right, I've been taking off a layer of Hicksons breather paint which had gone brittle and was flaking in places ( I'd cleaned it with a household mould spray, which may have caused this ??) so it all had to go right back to the primer.

Possibly like all tools nowadays, the quality has diminished. I know I bought a second brick disc cutter and it was not as good as the original.

I'm going to try something new this time and order from the worx site, just to see if the quality reflects the price.
I use 80 grit and 220 grit sanding pads to get most of the work done, then finish by hand usually.

I don't think it matters on who makes the sanding pad. Look at the reviews for the Bosch one on Axminsters site. I have tried both Bosch and Makita versions. Neither last long before the velcro start to loose its grip on the abrasive.

I am now using the pad saver from Mirka and Abranet and that has helped. The pad saver stick really well in my experience.

I am now looking to re-velcro the old pads using Hermes heavy-duty self-adhesive strip from Axminster.

I don't know what you guys are doing different to me, but with the Mirka pad saver fitted I find the Abranet wears out before the Velcro gives up on my ROS.

Mike

My use is strictly diy, so not thousands of continuous hours, but I am well satisfied with the velcro longevity. My pad has broken on the pointy bits because I have pushed it into acute angles where the wood had bashed the top of the corner apart and the foam is falling apart..

in my opinion worx make the best multi tool.. esp for heavy trade use..

anyway.. sanding pads. you have to turn the speed down to minimum to sand with a multi-tool or any pad will melt even the fein ones

Ahhh, that's where I went wrong then. I had it on its fastest speed right from the off and it did get quite hot. I also noted that the hook side on the sanding pad seemed to be destroying the fabric on the back of the Worx sanding sheets and clogging the pad. I thought they must be inferior in some way but I suppose at high speed, the hooks would be sort of, rubbing down the backs of the sheets... it makes sense now.

Cheers guys =D> and any more multitool tips most welcome.

High speed definitely ruins these pads. I bought replacements from Axminster, Fein brand, for my Bosch. Cheaper than Bosch own brand of pads.

K

Latest posts

Back