Workshop size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pren

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. Happy Christmas eve! :ho2

I'm looking to be moving house in the next year or so. At the moment, I'm lucky enough to have a 5 x 3m workshop in my back garden. I have been working on a wide range of woodwork projects from fitted wardrobes and beds to small lovespoons and small letters.

I think If I had to, I could happily downsize my workshop to focus on scroll work and small projects. I figure I could sell on most of my kit and just keep my scrollsaw, bandsaw, small chopsaw, bench top thicknesser and hand tools like my router, sander, dremmel, chisels etc.. Have a bench and some shelves.

Just wondering what sort of workshop size I'd be looking at to make this possible? I saw SteveBuk's shop on the Pattern transferring thread. Something like that looks pretty good.

So what do others have? Apologies if this has been covered before :oops: :lol:

Hi Bryn,
I work out of the garage, everything is on casters, move the car and wheel out the tools (when not in use they line the sides of the garage) - Triton tablesaw, router table, thicknesser, sliding 'chop saw'(can't think of it's correct name), two scrollsaws, jointer, bench sander, drill press plus the hand stuff. A bit of a bother having to move the bits, and having to clean up each time but I'm retired so with plenty of time. Would love a real workshop but that will never happen.
Regards,
Bob H.

My workshoip is in a single garage. I moved down to Devon 4 years or so ago and my car has never been in the garage. :roll: I have 2 workbenches, a Triton router table and Triton 2000 saw table. My small Delta bandsaw lives on a shelf most of the time. My Axminster M300 lathe is on one of the workbenches and I swing it to one end, out of the way when I need bench space for something else. I have shelves everywhere I can get them. Other bench machines live on the shelves and in cupboards, along with wood, jigs, attachments and hand tools.

There are no windows in my garage and the door is a solid metal up & over jobby. I have one of my benches placed accross the door opening so that weather permitting I can work with the door open to let in more light. The lighting is one thing that really needs sorting out! :|

Bri

Back