Workshop Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobSmart

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its my first time posting here so I thought I would start with showing my workshop.

I work from home so had to have a space that I could use as an office in the week, and then use as a workshop for the rest of the time!

I built it in my garden last year, and is working very well. Its built to the same spec as a timber house, so its nice and warm even in winter.

I can upload more photos of the build process if anyone is interested.

I've also added some pictures of the work bench bench. its made of 4x4 white oak for the trestles, and the top is 2 metre length of solid beech worktop. I've fitted a moxon vise along the front, and a woodworkers vice with dog tooth to the left.

Thanks

Attachments

• office_complete.jpg
    office_complete.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 2,352
  • Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,352
  • Tressel.jpg
    Tressel.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,352
  • moxon vise.jpg
    moxon vise.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,352
looks lovely to me, i'd be a little concerned about prying eyes being able to see what you have in there though

I don't leave any office equipment or power tools in there overnight. I also have full length blinds that I pull own when I'm out of the office. Plus its all high quality double glazed patio doors, so pretty secure. I'm also in the process of installing CCTV, to ward off any interested parties.

I'm also lucky enough to have a river at the end of the garden which stops most people from looking in.

I mostly try and use hand tools now, and I can't imagine many of today's thieves even know what a handplane is !! I might post some info my handmade tool cabinet at some point too.

Workshop looks a little on the small side but the location looks just about perfect!
Very very nice. :)

These are the built in cupboards that I built. Carcasses are just painted MDF (colour matched paint to match the grey doors), and the doors are black walnut.

There are some pictures of the tool cabinet I've been building as well. This was made from leftover cedar cladding from the exterior.

I have built the whole thing with hand tools, so it was a real labor of love. the cedar was a bit of pain to be honest because its so soft yet knotty. But it was free and smells nice!

The tool cabinet is all dovetail construction. the doors are bifold, so that they can wrap around the other cupboards and not stick out into the room too much. As the space is quite small I didn't want the doors constantly getting knocked. I've still got to make the chisel racks for the doors but I'm getting there!

Attachments

• cupboards.jpg
    cupboards.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,064
  • tool cabinet back.jpg
    tool cabinet back.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,064
  • tool cabinet front.jpg
    tool cabinet front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,064
Another man who likes his hand tools. =D>
It's evident a great deal of thought has gone into your workshop, and such a wonderful setting too.

Latest posts

Back