Woodworking & craft shows and events…

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
British Hardwoods are having a sale day on 4th February. There is usually about 10-15 stalls and some decent offers on materials.

1674294972009.png

Anyone thinking of spending £30 to go to the Makers Central Show at the NEC.

If so, can you take a large bag in with you with me inside!!

Phil

plus parking which can be very expensive

The ticket price does seem to have jumped from last year . . . as for parking: park at Berkswell Station and take the train to Bimrmingham Intermational - takes 7 minutes and costs £2.70 return - and an easy walk (covered) to the show. Trains every 30mins

Just come back from the Camping and Caravanning show at the NEC which was £11.50 each with free parking. Makers Central £25 to £30 a ticket and £8 to £13 parking.
I imagine the C&C show is a much bigger show and there are plenty of companies there where people are looking to spend 10s of thousands hence the exhibitors will cover far more of the costs.

Making is a niche hobby and won’t have the economies of scale.

I imagine the C&C show is a much bigger show and there are plenty of companies there where people are looking to spend 10s of thousands hence the exhibitors will cover far more of the costs.

Making is a niche hobby and won’t have the economies of scale.

As you say Makers Central is not and never will be a large show so I can't help wonder why they choose to hold it in the most expensive venue in the country. I will be going to the Newark show and if Makers Central was a similar cost I would go to that but at £30 plus parking I'll leave it for others to enjoy.

Wood Workers Workshop Tool Show – Saturday 10th June

This free one-day event is an occasion not to be missed! Visitors can enjoy live demonstrations throughout the day, free parking and refreshments, expert advice, as well as show offers on a range of exclusive brands. It's also a great opportunity to check out some new products and try before you buy.

In addition to great offers on quality brands including Armor Tool, FastCap, iGaging, INCRA, JessEm, Micro Jig, Milescraft, Narex, Veritas, Woodpeckers and our own brand, AUKTools, you can also expect amazing deals on a wide range of hardwoods, exotic timbers and veneers.

This event takes place on Saturday 10th June 2023, from 10am to 3pm at The Threshing Barn, Welland Road, Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire WR8 0SN.

Find out more...

Last edited:
If you're looking for places to sell your stuff, I can recommend a few up here in the North East.

Made. UpNorth market at The Boiler Shop - Newcastle. Had my single best day ever selling at this one.

Make More Stuff markets. I only did the ones at Baltic Gateshead and it was always a good day. They also do others around the "north".

Newcastle Craft & Flea. Another good one.

Back