Woodworking courses any good ones?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kell

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

been looking to use some of my holiday that work give me and do a basic woodworking course. It needs to include basics as I know how to do it but I tend to hash things so I thought I'd change that. I'm willing to spend upto £500 and would preferably like the course in Surrey or Kent, that way I could stay with family. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. thanks

:D best way to spend a holliday unfortunly my much beter half tend not to agreee with me i belive there is courses held in ashford but some one will point you in the right direction .

martyn

Hi Kell,

The courses in Ashford are with Bruce Luckhurst :
www.bruceluckhurst.co.uk
His courses are excellent, though he gets booked up well in advance...

I can thoroughly recommend John Lloyd in East Sussex (Kent borders), his short courses are excellent, if you do cabinet making principles 1, you'll learn to fine tune your tools and move on to the basics, setting out and marking, planing to fine tolerances, using shooting boards, etc. You won't believe the difference in working with finely tuned planes and chisels.
www.johnlloydfinefurniture.co.uk

I'm hoping to go in June for one of John's short restoration courses....

All the best & good luck !

Mike.

Back