Woodworking courses ~ any good ones?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - me and 2 mates are looking to go and do a woodworking related course next year.

We are ok ametur woodworkers, have made some items of furniture for house etc but nothing a top end London gallery or contemporary design house has yet sought to market.

last year we did Andrew Crawford box making course which was excellent.

we are after some ideas for the 2023 event - ideally somewhere where we can stay locally, have a curry and a beer in the evening and come away from a 2 or 3 day session with some new skills, a good time and maybe a ‘thing’ we’ve made.

(Note - I’m an experienced turner, the other two aren’t and don’t want to be!)

so - any ideas / recommendations please?

thanks
Simon

I did a beginner course here a few years ago and I really enjoyed it. I don't know if this is the level you are looking for but he does a 6 day intermediate course making a coffee table. His workshop location is somewhat rural but there was a nice pub nearby that we had lunch at every day which was included in the price.

https://www.cheshirewoodworking.co.uk/courses

I thought there would be a decent selection tbh.tom thackeray
son is still doing windsor chairs ( after his father died rip) oop north.

Im sure i can find you some studwork to build and doors to hang 🤣 I'll put up a big tent in our garden, buy you takeaways and cider for the bargain price of 300 quid a head 😆 it looks like in june, I'll be starting another refurb, so you can even get stuck in with a sledgehammer or kango ( ppe provided ) 🥸🥳🤡

Hi all - me and 2 mates are looking to go and do a woodworking related course next year.

We are ok ametur woodworkers, have made some items of furniture for house etc but nothing a top end London gallery or contemporary design house has yet sought to market.

last year we did Andrew Crawford box making course which was excellent.

we are after some ideas for the 2023 event - ideally somewhere where we can stay locally, have a curry and a beer in the evening and come away from a 2 or 3 day session with some new skills, a good time and maybe a ‘thing’ we’ve made.

(Note - I’m an experienced turner, the other two aren’t and don’t want to be!)

so - any ideas / recommendations please?

thanks
Simon
I did one of John Lloyds courses many years ago, would thoroughly recommend, ill attach a link and what courses he has on offer for 2023
https://www.johnlloydfinefurniture.co.uk

Back