Woodwork machinery,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EcoAir-DD1...52&hvtargid=pla-384762808543&psc=1&th=1&psc=1My first one of these lasted about four or five years my second one is still going strong after three years almost continuous use, as I said in my firewood "kiln" . Not sure if it is this exact model but it was this make. Ian
Ps even in what you think is your dry house it’s staggering the amount of water that these can pull out of the atmosphere

I tend to view air flow as the primary way to combat condensation. Dont rely just on air vents, I would use forced air circulation. Extractor fan pushing air out at high level, and vent grills low down to allow air in. This configuration gives the static air a chance to circulate and carry dampness out.
You do see many a set up with vent high up and extractor high up, this acts to draw air directly across the top, actually acting as a barrier to air below, thus reducing circulation and increasing condensation..
The other option is positive pressure ventilation, in which air pressure is pumped into the shop, thus displacing air out through vents.

The advantage of this method is that you can add a heat source, heat bar, light bulb, etc infront of the air flow and blow warmer air into workshop, thus greatly improving your chances in combating condensation.

Thanks ozi.
Yes i had read about ventilation to keep inside and outside temps similar.
I dont run it as a joinery shop, im a site carpenter and had wanted somewhere to work on my own things and occasional customer jobs ( i do built in cupboards etc on site usually )

I finally had time due to the pandemic to actually set it up and get working there, so this is my first winter of actually using the space, previously I used it for storage as i hadnt had time to set it up ( and ive upgraded a few machines this year )

Back