Woodshop refurb...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Charwood W650 has now been finally fully fettled :mrgreen: and sports a router table:

RoutertablestuffSMALL.jpg

...instead of the rhs extension table. The fence has been made from some 12mm melamine faced ply:

FenceandfeatherboardSMALL.jpg

that Bob9f let me have a while back (many thanks Bob) and the horrible crown guard:

DSC_0004-3.jpg

...has now been replaced with a much better Suva style unit. There's also a new ZTI plate and the riving knife isn't steel...it's a lump of 3mm carbon fibre, surplus to Tiddles requirements (thanks Aiden) with a Wealden 40T blade - Rob

woodbloke":4sjahjs6 said:
the riving knife isn't steel...it's a lump of 3mm carbon fibre

How workable did you find that, as it goes? Any special requirements regarding cutting/machining?

I ask because I'm planning on doing a similar modification to my TS-200, but I'm having trouble sourcing steel for it at the correct thickness! Carbon fibre sheet seems to be more readily available...

Table saw mods look good Rob. Where did you get that blade guard from?

Cheers

Karl

devonwoody":17hlfeoh said:
Mistake, I've just had a beer for lunch so you have got away with it.

Give us a new thread!

I did Woody. No one was interested.. :cry:

Rob.... Where did you buy your router insert please?

:D

Benchwayze":9glroinb said:
devonwoody":9glroinb said:

Give us a new thread!

I'm interested in how you are going to get that quart in that pint pot. :?:

Mick

What a lovely workshop full of trinkets! My router table needs a new top surface – is that a top layer of hardboard on there?

Benchwayze":xq1ype4c said:
devonwoody":xq1ype4c said:

Give us a new thread!

John,

Has your new thread disappeared- I had a quick glance earlier and was going to have a proper look now. Interesting to see how you organise the space because I have a similar area myself

Mark

Hi Mark,

I took it down for the moment; no one seemed to be commenting, so I thought maybe that was because there wasn't really much to comment on!
It was a bit of a mess, I admit. I have the pics on file, so when I have made some significant improvement over the next week or so, I'll post them again, for comparisons. I know where everything has to go, and I do just about have the space. Just one problem. Getting a 350kg planer-thicknesser onto a trolley!

Laters for more pics then. :D

sounds like a challenge. can you borrow an engine hoist from anywhere?

marcros":3q6tl01q said:
sounds like a challenge. can you borrow an engine hoist from anywhere?

Mark,

As it happens, I was putting the very question to No. One son, with regard to the capacity of these things. He is confident it'll work, and he can borrow one from his workplace. So now I have to find a welder! To make the trolley of course.. Still going to be a problem in the space I have, and there's a steep slope down to the street on my drive. Any carelessness, and my planer will demolish the house across the street, and end up in the centre of Brum! :wink:

JakeS":xyupzwhx said:
woodbloke":xyupzwhx said:

How workable did you find that, as it goes? Any special requirements regarding cutting/machining?

I ask because I'm planning on doing a similar modification to my TS-200, but I'm having trouble sourcing steel for it at the correct thickness! Carbon fibre sheet seems to be more readily available...
It definitely doesn't like bandaw blades!...cut and work it using metal working techniques, files, hacksaws etc. If you have something like a Proxxon or Dremel mini drill with suitable attachments, they'll workl with the stuff as well.

John - router table insert in a 6mm aluminium one from Axminster - Rob

woodbloke":1qlvzy2l said:
JakeS":1qlvzy2l said:
woodbloke":1qlvzy2l said:

It definitely doesn't like bandaw blades!...cut and work it using metal working techniques, files, hacksaws etc. If you have something like a Proxxon or Dremel mini drill with suitable attachments, they'll workl with the stuff as well.

John - router table insert in a 6mm aluminium one from Axminster - Rob

Cheers Rob... I thought it was a made-for-you job. I'll bear it in mind. I have a plastic one, but it flexes. :(

hello mate,your table top saw charnwood, is it any good im looking at getting the charnwood w619 and there is no reviwes on it can you help

denvir":2rxk2nnp said:
hello mate,your table top saw charnwood, is it any good im looking at getting the charnwood w619 and there is no reviwes on it can you help
I suggest you go into WH Smith and get the current issue matey...my review of the W650 is in there - Rob

Back