Small shop dust collection system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I’ve had a brief search through previous posts and a scour on YT but I’m always eager to get some ‘real world’ experience and advice as it were!
Im moving to a new house that has a garage which I’m eager to set up as my workshop and would love to get dust extraction set up as one of the first things.
I have an Axminster air filter aw15afs, a DIY cyclone and a metabo spa dust extractor. I also have my festool CTM midi (which I like to use when sanding etc) and a remote for this.
I would like to set up a fixed system of extraction for things like the planer, mitre saw, table saw and router table using the metabo extractor but feel quite clueless on how to set up all the tubing / gates etc to make this effective and also worry about the grounding??
I’m on a limited budget due to moving costs so need the cheapest way possible to do this although I’d be happy to update / upgrade in a couple of months as long as it didn’t involve starting ALLLLL over again with it.
Thanks in advance for any help / advice / guidance!

Have you considered making your Metabo into a portable cyclone DC that you can move to each machine as needed?

It’s portable already as it’s on wheels however I’m really looking for a system that starts up with the tool being used rather than having to constantly connect / disconnect etc

Thank you 🙏🏼
Pleasure. I had a cyclone unit fitted to a feed barrel between hub and vac, one blast gat hooked up to a 38mm hose to connect to powertools, e.g. sander, router. etc, another to a 63mm hose then the through one connected to pipes with blast gates controlling extraction from table saw, mitre saw, thicknesser etc

As far as I can see, the Metabo spa dust collector is pretty low on power (0.55kw), so it won’t allow for long runs, and will be best used attached directly to a single machine at a time. Could that be upgraded??

Latest posts

Back