Wooden screw lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwDave

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I want to make a stool with a wooden screw height adjustment. Does anyone know where I might buy such a thing (just the screw lift - I will make the rest).

I want to make a stool with a wooden screw height adjustment. Does anyone know where I might buy such a thing (just the screw lift - I will make the rest).

I suspect you want to buy the screw already pre made ? Don't forget you will have to make the captive nut for the thread to run in so a screwbox with a thread cutter is what you need.? I use this technique to attach table legs and its incredibly strong. Some woods are better than others - I've found maple and ash to be the best.
The sets made in Taiwan are actually quite good with a solid maple body. If you want the best them look at www.fine-tools.de for German made tools at eye-watering prices. Or ask a local turner to make both for you. ?

Thanks, I found something using your search term "screwbox with a thread cutter" at axminster, I will check it out.

Great. I would shop around as they all come out of one factory in Taiwan. I would think you need a 1 -1/4 or 1- 1/2 inch diameter. Lubrication is essential when cutting the screw - I use a furniture wax.

Latest posts

Back