Quantcast
  • We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

WONDERFUL SUPPLIER WITH GREAT SERVICE.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

steviemac

Reaction score
Before I say anything further I must reassure those reading that I have no connection whatsoever with the following company other than as a customer.

I've been looking for a good supplier of hardwood as I'm fed up with American Oak (worthy but boring) or Meranti (Nice to work but plain). I then found British Hardwoods Online. They are based in Yorkshire and as the name says provide items online. They do however welcome visitors. It was a lovely day on Monday, so I thought I'd combine a visit with some walking in the nearby hills.

When i arrived, I was introduced to Neil who proceeded to show me around like an honoured guest. Such was the friendly attitude that I suddenly started to worry that they'd mistaken me for a VIP customer about to spend thousands. It turns out that they were just very helpful and friendly.

They have wonderful stock which could easily make you empty your wallet. I bought some lovely pippy oak and two yew boards. I then spotted some oak which had been cut 6mm X 15cm x 2m. I enqired about this and was told that it had been cut in preparation to be bonded onto ply as flooring. I asked if I could buy some as is and they agreed. I love this stuff, great figuring and grain, and easy to work with. Much better as a veneer than 0.6mm which has no room for error and is awkward to use.

I hope I haven't broken any forum rules re advertising etc, but I just wanted to share with other enthusiasts what a great company they were. Good service should be praised as it is so often in short supply.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
No rules broken - and that's good to know! I think this forum does an excellent job of passing on the good news about suppliers - which we can see is written by real people, not software bots.

humblewood

Established Member
Reaction score
I can heartily second this recommendation. I was down at BH a couple of weeks ago and Neil was very helpful, allowing me to sort through a stack of boards to find just the ones I wanted. I know all timber yards should do this, but Neil showed no signs of impatience or irritation. I even got a huge splinter - absolutely free of charge #-o

Losos

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, have put them in my book as somewhere to contact because I've been looking around recently as I might start buying Oak in UK and taking some with me when I go to the wifes place in Europe, I can only get rubbish softwoods there.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
I have ordered a few things from them too. Timber was nice, I had some black walnut and pippy oak. Also I bought a Veritas low angle plane as it was the cheapest price online.

Anyone ever bought anything from Timports.co.uk they have waney edge oak in several thickness`s on the website, just curious as they are near me.

Ollie