Wiper blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":2dxudnl7 said:
I agree. It is awful. ...snip...
RainX - pah!! Pants.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some months ago.

BTW. Do you know you sound like Marvin?

There's nothing wrong with RainX, you're using it wrong/in combination with car-wash polish sprayed onto the windscreen/didn't clean the glass properly before applying etc, etc.

Loz_S":37w0err9 said:
RogerS":37w0err9 said:
I agree. It is awful. ...snip...
RainX - pah!! Pants.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some months ago.

BTW. Do you know you sound like Marvin?

There's nothing wrong with RainX, you're using it wrong/in combination with car-wash polish sprayed onto the windscreen/didn't clean the glass properly before applying etc, etc.

I cleaned the screen with Halfords Intensive Glass Cleaner which is supposed to be the bees knees. I never polish my windscreen. It's still pants.

(Marvin would have known better than to put RainX on)

Hi all,
I valet cars from time to time. The use of rain x or other of the same ilk, the trick is to clean the glass properly as has already been said.
Use a spirit based automotive glass cleaner to get the rubbish off the glass.

Don't use household glass stuff as it has nasties in it that can make it dangerous when it rains (you don't get a clear view of the road) Then use your rain x or whatever, but the glass MUST be clean first. Then your wipers shouldn't squeak. (Annoying.....innit???)

HTH, sliver

sliver":1t37g3ec said:
Hi all,
I valet cars from time to time. The use of rain x or other of the same ilk, the trick is to clean the glass properly as has already been said.
Use a spirit based automotive glass cleaner to get the rubbish off the glass.

Don't use household glass stuff as it has nasties in it that can make it dangerous when it rains (you don't get a clear view of the road) Then use your rain x or whatever, but the glass MUST be clean first. Then your wipers shouldn't squeak. (Annoying.....innit???)

HTH, sliver

What can we do if (perhaps) the windscreen wasn't perfectly clean beforehand? Please tell me how can I get rid of RainX :evil:

Hi Roger,
Proper automotive glass cleaner should shift most impurities off your glass. Should also remove rain x. I would imagine you would have to repeat clean it a few times & change the cloth regularly.

You are right though, it does take some shifting although i have never really tried to get it off. I have one from jewelultra diamondbrite in Kent, in fact most of my valeting stuff is from them but I have no affilliation with the company other than I use & like the products.

The stuff is their version of rain x & is called rain screen. Someone pointed out that you don't need your wipers at all on occasions. I do know that when I've used it, the water just trickles off the winscreen with wind pressure alone. I should point out that you should use your wipers when you think it necessary. No bodywork polish should be applied to the glass, this can cause visual problems in wet weather too.

Hope this helps, sliver...........
p.s. I hate you!!!! you've just reminded me that mine is redy for retreatment......GRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Alternatively you can get silicon wiper blades, they never squeak and they apply a thin film of silicon as they run, so it's like self applying rainx - they are fantastic (I use rainx on the other windows on the car, I have a saloon and hate the fact I don't have a rear windscreen wiper).

Latest posts

Back