Wiper blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmagnet

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to cure a squeeky wiper blade,
it's driving me nuts. :x

replace it :)

with a good make !

you can try a cheap one 1st if you like, but as with most things, you get what you pay for.

try not to use it when the screen is dry too. do you have variable interemittent wipe ? if so use it. and give the screen a good clean to get the traffic film and grease off. It all helps.

They are new, good ones Tusses, i've cleaned
the screen and tried wiping the blades but still
get the dreaded Squeek. :? :)

Hi Kevin,

What do you clean your screen with and what do you use in your washer bottle? I now use proper windscreen washer fluid in the bottle (I use the one from Lidl - quite cheap and the smell doesn't send you on a trip) and clean the screen and blades with the same stuff. I find this helps.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":29vjhgcz said:
Hi Kevin,

What do you clean your screen with and what do you use in your washer bottle? I now use proper windscreen washer fluid in the bottle (I use the one from Lidl - quite cheap and the smell doesn't send you on a trip) and clean the screen and blades with the same stuff. I find this helps.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I use the same as you Paul. :?
I got them from a motorist shop Wizer. :?
Christopher, thanks for the idea, i had a sneaky feeling
about vinegar but was'nt certain. I'll give it a try tomorrow. :)

I bought a pair of Bosch wipers for the wife's car and from new they have squeaked like hell! I have tried all sorts without sucess. I also have a set of the same Bosch blades on my car and they are fine?? Doesn't figure? :?

Clean the windscreen REALLY THOROUGHLY!! Use Jif/Cif or similar to get rid of any wax then finish the glass off with RainX. It's absolutely brilliant! Keeps your glass clean and cuts down the need to even use your wipers, even when its raining quite hard.

mailee":34gc2h8r said:
I bought a pair of Bosch wipers for the wife's car and from new they have squeaked like hell! I have tried all sorts without sucess. I also have a set of the same Bosch blades on my car and they are fine?? Doesn't figure? :?
I've twice bought Bosch for my car and found that they judder really badly so that they not only make an annoying noise, but don't clear the screen effectively either. Their performance has been no better than the Hlafords own brand.

My car has had the windscreen replaced and I wondered whether the profile is slightly different to standard and makes a difference. :?

Dave

Your welcome. You should watch "How clean is your House" they use it every week.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
image_98_18.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Somehow i think i'll manage to give it a miss Christoph. :wink:

cambournepete":2x3btpes said:
Loz_S":2x3btpes said:
RainX. It's absolutely brilliant!
I used to think that.
Worked well on one car, made the windscreen on the next really streaky, for no obvious reason.
Wouldn't use it again or recommend to anyone...
Hmmm, can only think you must have had wax from a car wash on your windscreen when you applied the RainX, as the product doesn't smear on its own. In fact it's impossible to put too much on, you either polish the excess off with a tissue or the wipers do the job for you. I've been using it for at least 15 years on 5 different cars without anything but excellent results. :duno:

cambournepete":18wfngl5 said:
Loz_S":18wfngl5 said:
RainX. It's absolutely brilliant!
I used to think that.
Worked well on one car, made the windscreen on the next really streaky, for no obvious reason.
Wouldn't use it again or recommend to anyone...

I agree. It is awful. After putting it on my windscreen I get smears that render driving totally unsafe. I can't even get the bloody stuff off and RainX are useless as far as making any recommendations go.

Tried everything and am now almost at the point of breaking the windscreen and claiming on insurance even though there is a £50 excess.

RainX - pah!! Pants.

Slightly off topic but related. When we were camping in France last September, we had one of those large 35L cool boxes to chill the beer and keep other minor essentials like food in :) . After about 10 days or so it started to get a bit of a 'niff' so I cleaned it with some detergent but the pong was still there. So then I had the bright idea of using half a lemon just to wipe round the inside and that really sorted it...no more pong - Rob

Back