WIP: Picture rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keefaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, all.

Well, on a high from the completion of my first project, I started on this: my second! It's a design I came up with for the missus.

(The ropes are my pathetic clamping system. I didn't have any clamps big enough. :oops:)

The rack's designed for fairs where we go to sell her paintings and the like. It leans up against a wall or table (possibly secured with some bungee cord or the like). I'm sure you've seen similar things about. However! My innovation was the incorporation of those routed slots. Each takes a 10mm bolt which, with the addition of a wing nut and a spring washer, clamps a horizontal member in place on which to rest the picture! Because it's adjustable, the rack can take all different frame sizes on the same rack.

I'm not sure my explanation is comprehensible, there, hopefully this photo will make it clear:

I'll post a completish-looking photo when the glue's dry.

Thanks for showing, the design looks interesting as well.

Perhaps you could make two easels and get some more rewards from the missus.

devonwoody":3opr530m said:
Thanks for showing, the design looks interesting as well.

Perhaps you could make two easels and get some more rewards from the missus.

Going by the number of pictures she comes up with I'll need another two at least...

Here's the completed version with a picture:

It just needs a decent weatherproof finish. I'm not really sure what.

Ahhh, cunning. Very cunning. And nicely executed too. Looks like you've made a rod for your own back, though. Talk about adding to the SWMBO Tuit List :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back