Windows Live Mail - advice requested please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Firstly apologies to any of you who actually know anything about computers, you are a step ahead of me!!

I have a problem with Windows Live Mail. When I am at home, I can send and receive e-mails no problem. When I go to work, I can still receive e-mails, but can't send them. I get an error message about not being able to connect to the server, and they just get stored in my outbox until I get home and they go no problem.
I contacted the help line, and they may as well have been talking double dutch.
Has anyone got any ideas in words of less than one syllable?

Thanks

Malc :D

Your internet company will only allow you to send from their mail server when you are on their network. Log on somewhere else and you can receive but not send.

Stops spammers using their email server to send out junk. Answer is to use a email service provider that will let you have a secure log in to their sending server.

So its a web based email like gmail or a internet provider that will allow secure log in.

I have a domain and some web space with one.com and they provide a server I can send emails with but I have to add settings to outlook to log in first before sending.

Latest posts

Back