WHY ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
:evil: I HATE IT WHEN SUPPLIERS POST THERE GOODS AND VAT IS NOT INCLUDED. :twisted:

Is there a reason for this . I have ordered tools and machinery on many occasions without reading

the small print ,sent off payment got the goods and invoice and what felt like a kick in the whatsis. :cry:

Maybe I should be more careful ,but I cant see any reason why a few traders have to be different.

If someone can explain WHY vat is not included in prices it would be helpful. :oops: :oops:

Of course from a business perspective, VAT is not added for reasons of VAT registered companies, who are invoiced with the VAT separate as it is claimed back during the VAT payments to H.M. inland revenue, customs and excise...bosshogg :)

Maybe...
But when I was running a company the price was quoted ex vat, the final invoice showed price plus vat, I paid price plus vat and then the accountants did their magic and set off the vat I'd paid against the vat I'd collected.

Not showing price plus vat = total price on the invoice or on the payment part of the website is all bad, and a nasty surprise for the OP!

many sites now permit you, the user, to set your own preferences for this; which is obviously the best solution.

historically trade sites quote ex and retail sites quote inc. - but then the edges started to blur over the target market!

bosshogg":ogjkfngt said:
Of course from a business perspective, VAT is not added for reasons of VAT registered companies, who are invoiced with the VAT separate as it is claimed back during the VAT payments to H.M. inland revenue, customs and excise...bosshogg :)

Yes Minster :lol: :lol:

boysie39":griodesz said:
:evil: I HATE IT WHEN SUPPLIERS POST THERE GOODS AND VAT IS NOT INCLUDED. :twisted:

,sent off payment got the goods and invoice and what felt like a kick in the whatsis. :cry:

:oops: :oops:
not quite sure how it can be a surprise when you say ' sent off payment' they dont add it afterwards, it should in the total..

Simple I take things as they seem, I look at what I want send off my cr. no. and thats it.
By the way I'm not talking hundreds here,but one order had a difference of £52.63 only for that
I would not have checked. NOW I check everything.
I tend not to deal with companys that dont include vat now.

Latest posts

Back