Why does everybody get angry easily these days?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatknot":2z4kudmi said:
Legalise drugs ?? madness

That is tantamount to saying we don't know how to resolve a problem so we will make it go away by legalising it
It's worked very well with tobacco. Usage has dropped dramatically and criminal activity is minimal. In other words we do know how to resolve the problem.
What next, they can't stop people speeding over 70mph so make it legal to speed up to 150mph ?
Presumably you don't drive.
If you did you would notice that almost everybody sticks to the 70 limit. The law seems to work pretty well. Roads have got safer and safer.

whatknot":3c88suo3 said:
That is tantamount to saying we don't know how to resolve a problem so we will make it go away by legalising it.

All that would happen is the authorities would set a price and the lowlife scum that pedal the stuff would undercut that price and you are just as you are now, only worse as a lot of people would think its okay to take them as its legal

More action on the gangs making millions out of it is what we need, stiffer penalties not hugs & holidays

What next, they can't stop people speeding over 70mph so make it legal to speed up to 150mph ?

Please read what I posted. I did NOT say that drug-taking would go away. It never will. But if you decriminalise drug-taking and free issue (not charge a low price) drugs then you remove the by-product and negative effect on the rest of society viz break-ins, muggings etc. If you free-issue the drugs then the gangs lose their revenue.

There is no evidence that decriminalising drugs will lead to an increase.

I'd vote for no speed limits. Remove traffic lights, make a lot of streets mixed use. And throw the book at cyclists who mow down and kill pedestrians.

Jacob":3bin848k said:
whatknot":3bin848k said:

That is tantamount to saying we don't know how to resolve a problem so we will make it go away by legalising it
It's worked very well with tobacco. Usage has dropped dramatically and criminal activity is minimal. In other words we do know how to resolve the problem.

Can't see the link between the drop in smoking and legalising drugs. How does that work ?

I do love these Grumpy Old Man threads that these forums seem to throw up. The engineers thread from a little while ago was another great one. Keep it up boys!

Yes that would make great sense wouldn't it (NOT)

As to cyclists as we all know they cause untold number of deaths on out roads and pathways unlike the law abiding drivers who force them off the road in the first place due to their reckless driving and lack of care for anyone else but themselves

I am a driver and cyclist and ex motorcyclist, inconsiderate drivers are far and away the biggest problem

I'd vote for no speed limits. Remove traffic lights, make a lot of streets mixed use. And throw the book at cyclists who mow down and kill pedestrians.[/quote]

iNewbie":3pfkbrqc said:
And then theres a the computer Games some are hooked on. Kill this, kill that...

I've lost count of the number of times I killed a Nazi with a perfect headshot from 400 yds or jumped my car off a multi-storey car park in real life... just because I've done those things in a game. :roll: :roll:

As they say, ''guns don't kill people - morons with guns kill people''.

Naz, technically it's the shock of a bullet's impact that kills people. After all even morons with guns don't throw them at people ;)

whatknot":2ohdqn7n said:

All that would happen is the authorities would set a price and the lowlife scum that pedal the stuff would undercut that price and you are just as you are now, only worse as a lot of people would think its okay to take them as its legal

More action on the gangs making millions out of it is what we need, stiffer penalties not hugs & holidays

Umm... ever heard of the Autobahns in Germany? yeah, far as I know there are no limits, BUT I think insurance companies only insure you up to a certain limit of speed, if proven over that; assuming you survived, you're not covered.

Because the war on drugs in Columbia, USA and a whole slew of other countries is going REALLY well, they have all been shown the error of thier ways and want to be nice peopel from now on... eh?

I'm not a fan of drugs, especially MJ, however I'm even less of a fan of having my house broken into (twice) which may or may not have been drug related.

The illlegal drug industry will NEVER EVER EVER be broken by force, because it's just too damned profitable. About the only surefire way to make something lose all it's value is to let everyone who wants to, do it. If every MJ user was legally allowed a couple of plants (as they are in certain EU countries), the demand would bottom out in the time it takes to grow the first batch. Why would there be a need for grow-ops when no-one's buying anymore? The "lowlife scum" would then be left scrabbling for the few users who either can't or won't grow thier own, and will undercut each other on price until it's just not worth the effort or the risk - assuming the govt is intelligent enough to make sure that "supplying" is still an offence.

Most MJ suppliers do it because it's EASY, no processing with chemicals etc, no "meth lab" required, grow - harvest - sell. I would speculate that with the bottom out of the market most WOULD NOT move onto supplying class A drugs, it's hard, and requires skills most stoners just don't have, plus the lowlife scum that are already doing it locally might have something to say about that.

You'll also kill the "dodgy gear" suppliers who cut thier resin with other products, and that's before you even get into the whole "MJ has been medically proven to aid pain and symptom relief for certain severe medical ailments" situation.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but the combined efforts of major nations of the world have not managed to slow the manufacture and supply of drugs, AT ALL.

The class A stuff is a harder nut to crack, but the usage of that is far smaller - or so it would seem. Remove the wasted manpower for all the nickle and dime stuff, and they can then go for the bigger suppliers and those selling class A drugs.

(found on the 'web recently)
aa.jpg

BugBear

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 316
Umm... ever heard of the Autobahns in Germany? yeah, far as I know there are no limits, BUT I think insurance companies only insure you up to a certain limit of speed, if proven over that; assuming you survived, you're not covered.
Over half of the Autobahns in Germany have a 130 kph speed restriction.

RogerP":tcyiu69u said:
Over half of the Autobahns in Germany have a 130 kph speed restriction.

... and the ''Plod in a Porsche'' take a dim view of Die Englanders reversing up the wrongly-taken sliproad to get back on the Autobahn. DAMHIKT.

Apparently, ''you are not allowed to do that in this country''.

I resisted the urge to preach to him about doing wrong in other countries. :-D

NazNomad":2wlit9b1 said:
iNewbie":2wlit9b1 said:
And then theres a the computer Games some are hooked on. Kill this, kill that...

I've lost count of the number of times I killed a Nazi with a perfect headshot from 400 yds or jumped my car off a multi-storey car park in real life... just because I've done those things in a game. :roll: :roll:

As they say, ''guns don't kill people - morons with guns kill people''.

Who mentioned guns, I didn't, you did. Even though guns are easier to come by these days you're more likely to get stabbed... Cuz these days thats not a problem with the younger generation, is it. :roll:

My friend is an experienced GP (working in Penzance, which has awful drug problems), and we've had this conversation before - he would say legalise ALL drugs without question, and take crime out of the equation. Much of the harm done is because of the impurity of street suppies, besides which drugs addiction has dropped in Countries that have legalised them and increased in many that haven't.
In our areas a few years ago over 75% of all crime was thought to be drug related - why should the rest of suffer because a moron wants to take more and more heroin and wins himself a Darwin Award?

Gentlemen, if I may address one of the side topics recently brought up , I may have a rather oddly acquired set of opinions.
I am from the somewhat odd country of Canada , a place soon to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. A lesser known fact is that medical usage by prescription from an M.D. has been in place for some time now. I hold such a prescription to aid me in my cancer struggle and can state with authority that it works very well for a number of annoying symptoms , be they side affects from other drugs (chemotherapy , hormone therapy ) or from the disease itself. For appetite and nausea related symptoms a THC heavy product works very well. For muscular cramping, spasms and restless leg syndrome a high CBD content is preferred . I have all of these ,and since I prefer not to wander about with my head in a state of altered condition , I take an extracted oil instead of smoking the drug. The active components of the plant are separated with alcohol or butane and the extract is then diluted with a stable vegetable oil and ingested orally about a Ml at a time at wide intervals, all very controlled you see.
Since I began , I have been much in contact with members of the illegal recreational crowd most of whom I have grown very fond of. Since legal conditions here are quite different from the UK , I suspect our stoners are a bit different as well.Since the laws have loosened up over the last few years , the number of criminal dealers has dropped off sharply , replaced by neighbourhood providers, still punishable by law but supposedly soon to be less so. The recreational types have taken on a nearly social aspect now, getting together to trade varieties , compare flavour profiles and proudly proclaim potency achieved. You might even think of it like a wine tasting , not sounding very criminal at all. My belief is that from a societal point of view this is a desirable outcome . Don't misunderstand me , criminal grow operations still abound and hardened criminals are still involved, but in my experience far less than before. Just my 2 cents worth.
Now as to the anger issue, well , people get pretty angry at me for advocating marijuana use and often are very unaware of the facts of the issue. I believe there is a direct correspondence between not knowing and anger, an obvious cure might be to understand more clearly what one is being angered by. Probably a forlorn hope , yet I remain optimistic.
Mike

Not sure exactly what the law is here but marijuana is widely available, for anybody wishing to make a little effort. Not that I've touched it myself for many years though I've nothing against it in moderation - apparently it can be taken in excess and lead to complications but alcohol is vastly more destructive.
Anger is often related to impotence (in the general sense) IMHO.

One of the main problems now with marijuana is that because it is illegal there is a never ending struggle to breed stronger and stronger varieties - for anyone who just wants to chill out and not to be out of their trees for the weekend it has become very difficult to get hold of the right product. Another reason for legalisation?
How many people become violent after an excess of alcohol? probably millions. My father was one - he used to go absolutely loopy. Not an inherited trait, fortunately. How many people get violent after marijuana? Very, very few. Skunk is a bit different, maybe, but that's another reason for legalising drugs.

Interestingly, there was an article in The Times which told of Californian growers going out of business because of the phenominal cost of compliance with rules and regulations - which immediately puts the ball back in the illegal court. That's the sort of stupid route this Country would take.

Regulations in the legal growing operations here are not too well thought out either I'm afraid , but with a little luck might get more logical. As an example , in the facility just north of me the use of Hydrogen peroxide as a disinfectant for the growing areas was stopped by health Canada and replaced by approved harsh chemicals. After rinsing peroxide is about as harmful as the water around here, some of the chemicals however produce toxic run-off that goes straight to the drains and then back to Lake Huron, madness. Also the plant is run by corporate bean counters rather than those with knowledge of growing who were hired for that purpose. The result is massive inefficiency in production rather than the reverse. I know this because someone near to me is on the inside and is near to tears rather than overjoyed at what should be their dream job. The result of this top heavy bureaucracy is shortages of supply , poor product and prices on par or higher than from the enthusiast producers. A pity , as the staff on tap KNOW the answers to all of these problems. They worked them out years ago in basements , garages and closets in some cases. The only real problem left is one of scale as a disease in one plant for a hobbyist is cause for remedial action and small regrets , on an industrial scale , by the time a diseased plant is identified, examined ,discussed in committee , bumped upstairs for action recommendation and finally dealt with (poorly) many thousands of plants are now compost. Small wonder the growers cry.

Back