Why does everybody get angry easily these days?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrTeroo":eqm0a0xs said:
whatknot":eqm0a0xs said:
Those who know they are in the wrong are usually very quick to *lose it*

It seems a diet of rubbish TV suggests to many that the first thing to do is shout & swear as much and as loudly as possible, rather than discuss it :-(

Sad lot really

I've been of the opinion for a long time that the type of behaviour acted out on Eastenders will sink into the collective psyche as being the norm.

Horrible program

Yes. Yes. Yes. Those soaps are positively vile and, as you say, make confrontation 'normal' behaviour. I'd ban them all.

Matthew 10:16 says,,,,
I am sending you out as sheep amongst wolves.
Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

My interpretation of this has always been,,,
Carry the biggest stick and make sure there's no witnesses :lol:

RogerS":3lgwsynb said:
MrTeroo":3lgwsynb said:
whatknot":3lgwsynb said:
Those who know they are in the wrong are usually very quick to *lose it*

It seems a diet of rubbish TV suggests to many that the first thing to do is shout & swear as much and as loudly as possible, rather than discuss it :-(

Sad lot really

I've been of the opinion for a long time that the type of behaviour acted out on Eastenders will sink into the collective psyche as being the norm.

Horrible program

Yes. Yes. Yes. Those soaps are positively vile and, as you say, make confrontation 'normal' behaviour. I'd ban them all.
And Jeremy Clarkson and his ranting mates.

Fair discussion is of course a good but extremely rare thing, an argument is, in my experience, futile. People come out of an argument with unchanged opinions and higher blood pressure. A complete waste of effort and counter-productive.

SammyQ : Whats's so wrong with being ungodly? It doesn't make me ungoodly. :D

To be fair, I haven't seen an argument, only people stating the facts as they see them

Most of which I heartily agree with

monkeybiter":3e1g0bpm said:
Fair discussion is of course a good but extremely rare thing, an argument is, in my experience, futile. People come out of an argument with unchanged opinions and higher blood pressure. A complete waste of effort and counter-productive.

SammyQ : Whats's so wrong with being ungodly? It doesn't make me ungoodly. :D

SammyQ":1usgtp3a said:
As an ex-teacher (with 36 years experience) may I suggest the prime cause of lack of respect is spineless laws foisted on us by zealous, inexperienced, utterly-incapable-of seeing-consequences, bleeding-heart idealists who have never experienced a council housing estate (like the one I grew up on) and the ammoral politicians who hitch a ride on the do-gooders cause to get re-elected?

Thus, the ungodly amongst us - and they are legion - know all too well, teachers, police, et al are hamstrung, while the perpetrators of our apathetic laws live comfortably, securely, well away from the sites of conflict brought about by their incompetence, astonishing naivity and - if I'm honest - their vanity!

Bring back the birch, hard labour and conscription.

Sam
I was just about to blame the teachers :D

But seriously that's where it starts. Teachers hands aren't just tied they're then riveted and super glued.

Everyone (well, nearly everyone) goes on about their rights but they're always forgetting they have responsibilities as a member of society. My generation (nearly 60) were held accountable at an early age and generally had respect for authority and other people. Today there appears to be little or no accountability and personal responsibility looks like it's disappeared.

Of course a sweeping generalisation like most of these things, - there are many, many decent people around. Just a shame that the turds always float to the top!

monkeybiter":2zvzsvl5 said:
I think people need the practice. That's partly why they get so angry - they don't argue enough and can't handle views different from their own.
There's that vague social-gathering rule about not talking about politics, religion, sex, etc. I think people should talk about them more, not less, and have their ideas challenged and possibly changed.

I think people need the practice. That's partly why they get so angry - they don't argue enough and can't handle views different from their own.
There's that vague social-gathering rule about not talking about politics, religion, sex, etc. I think people should talk about them more, not less, and have their ideas challenged and possibly changed.

But not on this forum :D -or disguised as sharpening at the very least.......

I think a lot of it is pure selfishness, coupled with a sense of entitlement. I think there is a vast amount of people out there who only think of themselves and stuff anybody else. I think that's true of all walks of society: whatever age or background. As others have already commented, I suspect some of that is driven by the media we surround ourselves with today, which give a false impression of what the type of behaviour is acceptable. It really makes me sad for society that its seen as being 'cool' to be stupid and angry at everything, as it that will make you some sort of mega rich superstar. It doesn't. It just makes you a tit.

It really is a shame that people can't just think a bit more about others and be a bit friendlier. Things would be much better, I think, if they were.

Many years ago when i was mid 20s i lived next to a retired couple who you would think would be as nice as pie. it turned out he was a vile old man who made our life hell.

We ended up having to move house before I killed him.

But I learnt something from that encounter and that was I will never fall out with a neighbour again. It was all consuming, my blood would boil every time i saw or heard him.

Turned out he was interfering with his daughters so maybe my sixth sense was working.

So, my advice is, try to make peace with this guy as it can very easily turn nasty. I'm no shrinking violet, in fact far from it, confrontation does not faze me, but now much older and wiser i realise there is more to winning a war than winning a single battle.

Mick

Well yes you just have to be philosophical and rein in the killer instinct!
If you had a family of nuisance chimpanzees next door you'd be pist off but you wouldn't blame the chimps - being prats is what they do. Nuisance neighbours similar - just have to try to see them as an inconvenient but natural phenomenon; when they get angry perhaps just laugh at them?

When we bought the house we lived in for 22 years we were warned that the neighbour on one side was a bit odd, and the one on the other was a really nice guy. It transpired the one who was "odd" was one of the nicest, kindest men I've ever met and the supposedly nice one was a female sexual organ.

iNewbie":jn64qcrc said:
And then theres a the computer Games some are hooked on. Kill this, kill that...
I've played plenty of 'first person shooters' & even allowed my daughter to play them. It hasn't changed either of us because we realise that it is just a game nothing more.
What it does tend to do, is desensitize you to certain situations which once would have been shocking or even traumatic, but that's no worse than the TV programmes which follow the police or ambulances.

Robbo3":238pxrne said:
iNewbie":238pxrne said:
And then theres a the computer Games some are hooked on. Kill this, kill that...
I've played plenty of 'first person shooters' & even allowed my daughter to play them. It hasn't changed either of us because we realise that it is just a game nothing more.
What it does tend to do, is desensitize you to certain situations which once would have been shocking or even traumatic, but that's no worse than the TV programmes which follow the police or ambulances.

The thread title is: Why does everybody get angry easily these days. That'll include kids - some who are of an age where they shouldn't be playing them, and yes it can desensitise people and can be a reason why some kids go a bit further than a slap. Ironically some parents won't have their kids watching those TV programmes, or, the kids will be on computer!

Jacob":2e0uysb6 said:
Well yes you just have to be philosophical and rein in the killer instinct!
If you had a family of nuisance chimpanzees next door you'd be pist off but you wouldn't blame the chimps - being prats is what they do. Nuisance neighbours similar - just have to try to see them as an inconvenient but natural phenomenon; when they get angry perhaps just laugh at them?
With respect utter cobblers!

My expectations of chimps is ever so slightly different than from human beings. And laughing at angry people is a recipe for something far more serious.

the mind controlling drugs put in the vapour stream of jets has been removed, we are no longer receiving the calming effects and as such are seeing the true nature of our society.

this is what happens when meddling conspiracy theorist accidentally hit on a truth, we all have to suffer.

The moon landings were faked (but in order to get believable footage they went to the moon to film them)
Diana isn't dead, neither is Elvis (who works in our chippy)
if you play terresa mays (no capitals) brexit speech backwards it tells you to kill all goldfish.

where did I put that tin foil hat? they are all out to get me, I don't want them reading my thoughts.

(please read the above as a joke)

Tuh! and I thought you were being serious, I am glad you made it clear at the end ;-)

novocaine":1jut6b2r said:
the mind controlling drugs put in the vapour stream of jets has been removed, we are no longer receiving the calming effects and as such are seeing the true nature of our society.

this is what happens when meddling conspiracy theorist accidentally hit on a truth, we all have to suffer.

The moon landings were faked (but in order to get believable footage they went to the moon to film them)
Diana isn't dead, neither is Elvis (who works in our chippy)
if you play terresa mays (no capitals) brexit speech backwards it tells you to kill all goldfish.

where did I put that tin foil hat? they are all out to get me, I don't want them reading my thoughts.

(please read the above as a joke)

Latest posts

Back