Who said workbenches weren't sexy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ByronBlack":2pcn2v0v said:
Mike.C":2pcn2v0v said:
Am I daft as a brush or what. I never noticed it the first time but someone has messed about with the picture.

Cheers

Mike

How so?

I don't know I can' put my finger on it, but it seems that his leg is sticking out at a funny angle, it just does not seem to belong to that body. Then there is the size of the feet and the plane around his neck.

Cheers

Mike

He explains the plane around his neck in the accompanying blog post, I'm not sure why he would post a doctored image for what is a humour-piece.. I don't think the bench was built for him, hence why he looks out of portion to it. He does have a massive foot though..

That might be the whole point BB, because it is a humour-piece he has messed about with the image.
As I said I do not know, it was just a feeling I had when I looked at the picture :roll:

Cheers

Mike

No need for the eye-rolling, I wasn't arguing against you, just thinking out loud as to why I don't think it would have been altered, although I do agree with you that it is a little odd.. The picture of the bench in the previous blog post is identical - so I wonder if they have superimposed him onto the picture, either way, I thought i'd post it as a bit of fun on a dull friday.

Hi BB, First of all this has nothing to do with you, and so anything I say is not directed towards you. It's just that I cannot do anything right lately. If I do not put an emotion I am wrong. If I do put an emotion I am wrong. If I do not put IMHO I am wrong.

The rolling of the eyes was again not directed at you, and I did not say, think, or in anyway indicate that I thought you were arguing with me.
The reason for the rolling eyes was because I thought the picture had been altered, but I really had no idea where or even if it really had been altered. In other words "Am I seeing things?"

If I in anyway offended you than I apologise.

Cheers

Mike

ByronBlack":140btr1c said:
The picture of the bench in the previous blog post is identical - so I wonder if they have superimposed him onto the picture, either way,
It doesn't specifically mention it in the write up, and the shadowing looks correct, but if that's the case then it is a REALLY low bench, and that's the bit I can't work out.

I think in one of his DVD's Schwarz mentions that he is about 6'5" or so, so he's tall, but even so his foot-shin height won't be much more than mine at 6'3", and my floor to top of bent knee measures 24", so that is one looooooooow bench. :shock:

Mike.C":1h91hf3e said:
ByronBlack":1h91hf3e said:
Am I daft as a brush or what. I never noticed it the first time but someone has messed about with the picture.

Cheers

Mike

How so?

I don't know I can' put my finger on it, but it seems that his leg is sticking out at a funny angle, it just does not seem to belong to that body. Then there is the size of the feet and the plane around his neck.

Cheers

Mike

He explains the plane around his neck in the accompanying blog post, I'm not sure why he would post a doctored image for what is a humour-piece.. I don't think the bench was built for him, hence why he looks out of portion to it. He does have a massive foot though..

That might be the whole point BB, because it is a humour-piece he has messed about with the image.
As I said I do not know, it was just a feeling I had when I looked at the picture :roll:

Cheers

Mike

No need for the eye-rolling, I wasn't arguing against you, just thinking out loud as to why I don't think it would have been altered, although I do agree with you that it is a little odd.. The picture of the bench in the previous blog post is identical - so I wonder if they have superimposed him onto the picture, either way, I thought i'd post it as a bit of fun on a dull friday.

Hi BB, First of all this has nothing to do with you, and so anything I say is not directed towards you. It's just that I cannot do anything right lately. If I do not put an emotion I am wrong. If I do put an emotion I am wrong. If I do not put IMHO I am wrong.

The rolling of the eyes was again not directed at you, and I did not say, think, or in anyway indicate that I thought you were arguing with me.
The reason for the rolling eyes was because I thought the picture had been altered, but I really had no idea where or even if it really had been altered. In other words "Am I seeing things?"

If I in anyway offended you than I apologise.

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

I don't really get involved with the aggro threads, so I'm not aware of the problems that you have had. I just interpreted the eye-roll as an exasperation to my post - but no issue mate, the written word is sometimes difficult to ascertain the meaning, certainly no offense taken.

TrimTheKing":1n9oc59w said:
ByronBlack":1n9oc59w said:
The picture of the bench in the previous blog post is identical - so I wonder if they have superimposed him onto the picture, either way,
It doesn't specifically mention it in the write up, and the shadowing looks correct, but if that's the case then it is a REALLY low bench, and that's the bit I can't work out.

I think in one of his DVD's Schwarz mentions that he is about 6'5" or so, so he's tall, but even so his foot-shin height won't be much more than mine at 6'3", and my floor to top of bent knee measures 24", so that is one looooooooow bench. :shock:

From the two posts of this bench, I got the impression it wasn't his, maybe it is for a normal sized person instead of a giant like Mr Schwarz :) Either way, it really is a fantastic bench - anyone know how one would go about making a leg vice like that - that wooden thread looks complicated to make.

ByronBlack":1oqsbi48 said:
From the two posts of this bench, I got the impression it wasn't his, maybe it is for a normal sized person instead of a giant like Mr Schwarz :)
Since when has 3' tall been normal sized??? I must be Gulliver in that case! ;)

ByronBlack":1oqsbi48 said:
anyone know how one would go about making a leg vice like that - that wooden thread looks complicated to make.
I've got a copy of the Stephen Fry program where he goes through the history of the Gutenberg Press and it shows you how to make a wooden thread exactly like that.

PM me if you want to...erm...borrow it...

:D

The Shwarz is an odd man, lanky and out of proportion....bit like me :lol:

He's not a back whinger as well is he

When Huntley built his bench in F&C 18 months ish back he made his own wooden screw thread

Ironballs":3836l4y2 said:

When Huntley built his bench in F&C 18 months ish back he made his own wooden screw thread

I abandoned that mag a while ago so would have missed that, but if I stumble across a back issue, I'll bare it in mind.

Ironballs":ozwjaqp3 said:

I'm surprised if he isn't. He looks terribly uncomfortable when he's planing board in his videos.

Latest posts

Back