Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stuartpaul":3jck5oxt said:
If it's (accurately) known that £11 billion leaves is it also (accurately) known how much stays in tax, spending etc?

I'll repeat the source for this figure - International Fund for Agricultural Development. I think you will find that they are apolitical and that their goals meet with your approval.

RogerS":1f3duax8 said:
stuartpaul":1f3duax8 said:
If it's (accurately) known that £11 billion leaves is it also (accurately) known how much stays in tax, spending etc?

I'll repeat the source for this figure - International Fund for Agricultural Development. I think you will find that they are apolitical and that their goals meet with your approval.
I wasn't having a pop, - I genuinely want to know what the amount that stays here is reckoned to be. I simply cannot be arrsed to roll back through 30 pages to try and find your initial reference!

Far better if that money stayed in the UK, spent in local shops and businesses.
Nobody at all would work abroad if they had to leave it all behind or spend it in one last binge before they left!
It's a completely insane idea.
Brits abroad don't do it. I doubt it's ever crossed anybodies mind.
Imagine coming home and saying sorry I couldn't send you any dosh or bring anything much back, but here's a bottle of schnapps and a bratwurst (and I've got a horrible hangover and a STD!).

The pesky Arab's spending all their oil money in London must go some way to counter balance the money going out.

Jacob":dfhdo38e said:
Nobody at all would work abroad if they had to leave it all behind or spend it in one last binge before they left!
Imagine coming home and saying sorry I couldn't send you any dosh or bring anything much back, but here's a bottle of schnapps and a bratwurst (and I've got a horrible hangover and a STD!).

Pointless even trying to rebut any of these ramblings.

RogerS":10g8sb4p said:
Jacob":10g8sb4p said:

Pointless even trying to rebut any of these ramblings.
I agree with you Roger.
This does not happen very often - well done lad!

Let's face it, whatever happens on the 23rd June a political blood bath will take place starting on the 24th June where attempts to seize power or scores to settle will be made in Westminster by the political elite.
Having done their duty, the people of the U K will, as usual be disregarded by those who,over the past months have sought to sway you to their agenda be it in or out. If remain are successful, expect phrases like,"working together with our allies to change the way things are done" or similar to be spouted by them. The leave campaign I expect will use the term, "compromise" quite a bit when negotiations for an exit strategy are being made unless someone with balls of steel takes charge of the U.K. and I don't see that.
The sad thing is, having read all of the posts on this forum and many others on other social media sites the general consensus of the public seems to be that, despite wanting to vote in or out, very few people actually have confidence or trust in those championing their cause, how sad is that?

Which then leads me to Mr Farage, the leader of a party with just one UK MP, who likes to spout that he is the turkey that is voting for Christmas thereby rendering himself with no political clout if the decision is made to leave the EU. What is he up to? I personally wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but sure as eggs are eggs, he's got his eye on something in the Future.

There's a lot at steak for all our futures and those who at the moment have no say. I know that I've been on this Earth longer than I've got left and I hope that the decision that is made is a good one for those who will follow on.

dexter":13zornk5 said:
Let's face it, whatever happens on the 23rd June a political blood bath will take place starting on the 24th June ....... very few people actually have confidence or trust in those championing their cause, how sad is that?

Yes, I think the only potential winners here are a few people trying further their career, and even then, if they succeed I think it will be a very short term gain for them.

There are actually more than 2 sides campaigning on this and I'm certainly not supporting the two that the media have chosen as their favourites.

Jacob":nn4n3m5i said:
..... One of the daftest economic notions of the last 30 years is "trickle down" theory - that the wealthy somehow generate more wealth. The truth is exactly the opposite - wealth comes from below, from the people doing the work.

Jacob, can you expand a little on how you see this "trickle up" theory working in practice ?

RogerS":2wgqw68d said:
Jacob":2wgqw68d said:
..... One of the daftest economic notions of the last 30 years is "trickle down" theory - that the wealthy somehow generate more wealth. The truth is exactly the opposite - wealth comes from below, from the people doing the work.

Jacob, can you expand a little on how you see this "trickle up" theory working in practice ?

More realistic is that a healthy economy creates the best opportunities for people at all levels of income. A low tax economy coupled by a government that curtails public spending encoursges inward investment. If wealthy people stay in this countty then they pay UK taxes.

Im not sure wealth trickles down or up. Wealthy people buy expensive things, probably made by less wealthy people. To become more wealthy oneself requires enterprenuership.

Wealthy people buy fancy hand made furniture :D

Interesting to see how this pans out - Sunday Times, this morning -

British diplomats secretly discussed granting visa-free travel to the UK for more than 1m Turks, according to leaked diplomatic cables seen by The Sunday Times.

The cache of five documents also suggests that EU officials are attempting to keep any visa deal with Turkey under wraps until after the referendum on June 23.

According to the telegrams, senior diplomats have advised ministers that the proposed EU deal with Turkey on visa-free travel within the Schengen area could lead the UK to consider extending the same privilege to up to 1.5m “special passport holders” from Turkey.

RobinBHM":17cf9y2r said:
RogerS":17cf9y2r said:
More realistic is that a healthy economy creates the best opportunities for people at all levels of income. A low tax economy coupled by a government that curtails public spending encoursges inward investment.
Exactly the opposite of the truth. High tax and high public spending generate wealth. Taxation drives economies. What goes around comes around. Low tax economies - think "banana republic" :lol: All the wealthiest nations are high taxers.
If by "inward investment" you mean selling off our assets to foreign buyers, this has been a disaster. Funny how these daft notions hang about in spite of all the contrary evidence. Whatever happened to ICI?

Jacob":2i8lwhyv said:
RobinBHM":2i8lwhyv said:
RogerS":2i8lwhyv said:
More realistic is that a healthy economy creates the best opportunities for people at all levels of income. A low tax economy coupled by a government that curtails public spending encoursges inward investment.
Exactly the opposite of the truth. High tax and high public spending generate wealth. Taxation drives economies. What goes around comes around. Low tax economies - think "banana republic" :lol: All the wealthiest nations are high taxers.
If by "inward investment" you mean selling off our assets to foreign buyers, this has been a disaster. Funny how these daft notions hang about in spite of all the contrary evidence. Whatever happened to ICI?

Jacob, can you please amend your post as it is misquoting me. Thank you.

Still interested to hear what you mean by "trickle up"

Another from the Sunday Times -

"A Syrian refugee who recently arrived in Britain under David Cameron’s high-profile resettlement programme has been charged with sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl.

Omar Badreddin, 18, who is originally from Damascus but fled as the country descended into civil war, was one of four Syrians to appear in court last week following the attack in a park in Newcastle upon Tyne.

He pleaded not guilty along with Mohammad Allakkoud, 18, and Mohammed Alfrouh, 20, who has also been charged with sexual assault of a second 14-year-old girl, which he also denies.

All have been bailed. A 16-year-old boy has also been charged with sexual assault, but it is not clear whether he has entered a plea.

Badreddin was deemed to be vulnerable by the UN refugee agency and was given a new home on his arrival in Britain last November."

Plenty more to come ... and even more if we stay in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back