Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phil.p":2vx3zt3v said:
If they want an income they'll take them - I'll have them out with putty knives lifting ******* chewing gum from the pavements of Auckland before we pay them for doing nothing ...

Which is as it should be.
Well yes - investing in public services is win, win all round. It powers the economy - it pays wages, takes people off the dole (away from crime and social problems etc), provides public services, the wages get spent and benefit other businesses and their employees, if the wages are higher enough there is also a tax take, and so on.
Even if immigrants are doing the work we all gain.

Conversely, austerity and/or anti-immigration policies are incredibly stupid, a wasted opportunity and solve nothing.

Access to work, free movement of workers, generates wealth. One of the daftest economic notions of the last 30 years is "trickle down" theory - that the wealthy somehow generate more wealth. The truth is exactly the opposite - wealth comes from below, from the people doing the work.

Yet again. People who know very little about the reasons but seem to have a simple cure. It's the employers who want these 'unskilled' workers. They aren't employing those who reluctantly want to do their jobs, would you and why should they? It's the free market. They are choosing who they consider to be the most suitable candidates. The rules are there in respect of claiming any benefits,

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... x1dmkd2_Me

All migrants should do 3 years of some form of unpaid National Service, be taxed at a higher rate of income tax, unless there is a strict strategic need for their skills and employers should pay a foreign employee tax.
I want us out and to work hard to engineer the brake up of the EU.

:roll: I suppose that should also apply that to all citizens of the UK who go to work abroad then?
Farage perhaps? Why not just close all borders permanently. No one allowed in, no one allowed out. That would solve your fear and paranoia issues.

MIGNAL":2xqtpfcw said:
Yet again. People who know very little about the reasons but seem to have a simple cure. It's the employers who want these 'unskilled' workers. They aren't employing those who reluctantly want to do their jobs, would you and why should they? It's the free market. They are choosing who they consider to be the most suitable candidates. The rules are there in respect of claiming any benefits,

I remember seeing a benefits programme, where a groip of unemployed people traipse down to the cash machine wearing pyjamas, shortly after midnight to draw out their benefit payment minutes after it hits their account. I know some of the unemployed are circumstances, grographic etc but there is a hard core of those on benefits that no employer woild want to choose.

Immigrants are not taking our jobs, mostly they are the best candidate, and rightly so they are often hardworking and cheerful.

Immigration for me is not the reason I want to exit.

MIGNAL":3nfbnzve said:

I haven't as yet read of anyone disagreeing with that. It's the system that makes it the case that's wrong. people would be happier to work if the choice between a lousy job and an income was no income, rather than an extra 40 hours a week to watch Sky TV and an often higher income.

MIGNAL":3bmh2hm6 said:
:roll: I suppose that should also apply that to all citizens of the UK who go to work abroad then?
Farage perhaps? Why not just close all borders permanently. No one allowed in, no one allowed out. That would solve your fear and paranoia issues.
And closing all borders was suggested by whom?

RobinBHM":shxsfu12 said:
I remember seeing a benefits programme, where a groip of unemployed people traipse down to the cash machine wearing pyjamas, shortly after midnight to draw out their benefit payment minutes after it hits their account. .....
Yes but is this common and do you know their back story? Almost certainly not.
"Benefits programmes" are designed to titillate viewers and encourage a malevolent view of their neighbours. It's part of the big propaganda machine - divide and rule.

phil.p":jlmjbg6n said:
MIGNAL":jlmjbg6n said:

Trump? You? Anyone. It's the next logical step for product fear. Product fear should have an export tariff imposed on it.
Do you do any work Phil? You seem to be sat responding to this thread practically all day long, day in day out!
Afraid I've got to go do my bit!

MIGNAL":3drjo17u said:
phil.p":3drjo17u said:
MIGNAL":3drjo17u said:

Trump? You? Anyone. It's the next logical step for product fear. Product fear should have an export tariff imposed on it.
Do you do any work Phil? You seem to be sat responding to this thread practically all day long, day in day out!
Afraid I've got to go do my bit!
I'm retired and disabled, if that's OK with you. :D For someone working you've rather a lot of free time?

Tea break!
Any excuse! I'm self employed, work from home. Frequent breaks due to RSI, so I do long days. Still doing my bit for exports though. I'm happy to report that I'm a net exporter. Not by much but I'm doing more than Farage for UK PLC!

MIGNAL":ijcz6kcm said:
Tea break!
Any excuse! I'm self employed, work from home. Frequent breaks due to RSI, so I do long days. Still doing my bit for exports though. I'm happy to report that I'm a net exporter. Not by much but I'm doing more than Farage for UK PLC!

That's interesting. What sort of nets do you export?

Jacob":20m5l6t1 said:
phil.p":20m5l6t1 said:
If they want an income they'll take them - I'll have them out with putty knives lifting ******* chewing gum from the pavements of Auckland before we pay them for doing nothing ...

Access to work, free movement of workers, generates wealth. ....and £11 billion of it a year leaves the UK and so does little for the UK economy.

RogerS":2jpjjkll said:
Jacob":2jpjjkll said:
phil.p":2jpjjkll said:

Access to work, free movement of workers, generates wealth. ....and £11 billion of it a year leaves the UK and so does little for the UK economy.
I didn't write that, Roger is misquoting me.
Workers abroad send money home. Whether it's Brits in Germany, Poles in UK etc. You think they should spend it all where they earned it and not support their families or take anything home with them?
What an incredibly silly suggestion!
Possibly the silliest comment to come out of this long and interesting thread.
Wooden spoon for Roger!

The work they do here makes a profit for somebody, most of their earnings will be spent here and will be taxed, and the goods/service they provide benefits us and the economy.

Jacob":3cwolofw said:
RogerS":3cwolofw said:
I didn't write that, Roger is misquoting me.

I inserted it to bring in some badly needed qualification to your post.

The work they do here makes a profit for somebody, most of their earnings will be spent here and will be taxed, and the goods/service they provide benefits us and the economy.

Wrong. A very large percentage £11 billion as I have stated and referenced elsewhere as to the source, leaves the country.

BearTricks":227grla4 said:
Paul Chapman":227grla4 said:
Eric The Viking":227grla4 said:
the Kinnocks turning the EU into a well-paid family business

Probably the best and most accurate quote in this whole thread and one of the most compelling reasons to vote Leave.

Cheers :wink:

Paul
I'd counter that by saying I've met Michael Gove and he was one of the most vile people I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to, not that he paid me much attention. Usually, the way he came across would have a serious bearing on whether I sided with him on a voting issue.

It does annoy me that the people heading the charge on both sides are generally ones I would never want to associate myself with politically.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well said =D> =D>

If it's (accurately) known that £11 billion leaves is it also (accurately) known how much stays in tax, spending etc?

RogerS":29495qrq said:
Wrong. A very large percentage £11 billion as I have stated and referenced elsewhere as to the source, leaves the country.

Say 2M EU citizens are currently working the UK, some simple math tells us each person sends 5.5K out of the country. You'd have to guess an average wage but I'm not sure that seems like a VERY LARGE percentage.

mind_the_goat":3dr7q5bv said:
RogerS":3dr7q5bv said:

Say 2M EU citizens are currently working the UK, some simple math tells us each person sends 5.5K out of the country. You'd have to guess an average wage but I'm not sure that seems like a VERY LARGE percentage.

Don't forget this is ex-tax for a start. The amount per head is irrelevant. Far better if that money stayed in the UK, spent in local shops and businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back