Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally I need a 2-0 England tonight to get through into the quarter finals of my predictor league

2-1 to Germany.
Although draw after 120 and penos would be interesting.

It’s coming home ;)

I doubt that. Germany played their best, for what it was, in first 15 mins, downhill after that. Best team won.
Neuer was poor, especially with the first goal.
Ukraine May be a tougher test and a better game.
Pity about the behaviour of some Eng fans, sad to see again.
Best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
Noel, what on earth do you expect from English football fans - I assume you mean the terrible boo bombing of the German national anthem and the mawkish decision of the TV director to aim the camera at a young German fan in tears. Where are my spoons, I need to count them again. Your resigned and wistful criticism of the fans in the light of the greatest football result in the history of the entire universe brings to mind Macaulay's comment 'We know no spectacle so ridiculous as the British public in one of its periodic fits of morality'. In order to rely on emotions like Roy call to arms, 'F**k you, I'm Millwall...' we have to put up with a little light booing. I was more concerned about a worldwide TV audience being shown Joachim Low's determined and disgusting nasal mining. I'm writing to my MP.

25 million viewers, eastenders and corrie get about 5 million, no brainer to show the football it's what the masses want.
You can kick off and whinge all you want and to be honest non sport people do every sporting event but it's pointless.

I bloody love it.................

Last edited:
The repair shop 2.9m, really needs to go back to BBC2.

Maybe you all want "homes under the hammer" or "supermarket sweep" instead.
What TV is it that you are missing so badly?

I went to the game with my daughter, grandson and one of my sons.
We had a fantastic, memorable day.

I tend to avoid the more raucous fans when following England in tournaments. They do make me cringe sometimes. The National anthem booing, the jingoistic songs, etc.

Yesterday, under a bit of pressure from my ‘kids’ I immersed myself in it although I’d never disrespect national anthems or opposing fans.

It was a joyous occasion. Family bonding. Pre-match excitement. Soaking up the atmosphere. Breaking free from Covid restrictions. Sharing a great experience with 40,000 other fans. Singing. Hugging family and complete strangers in moments of sheer ecstasy.
Eng v Ger has been a special fixture since I first watched the ‘66 final and subsequent repetitive failures.

Not everyone’s cup of tea but football fans will know what I’m on about.

One thing I do know is that these cringeworthy fans are typically ordinary, working class lads no different to me other than I’ve had some luck and opportunities that took me in a different direction.

Breaking free from Covid restrictions. Sharing a great experience with 40,000 other fans. Singing. Hugging family and complete strangers in moments of sheer ecstasy ...

We are are not allowed to do this at a loved one's funeral. The government has its priorities wrong. That 2500 UEFA "officials" and their fartcatchers are allowed into the Country without isolation is sheer, utter stupidity.

Breaking free from Covid restrictions. Sharing a great experience with 40,000 other fans. Singing. Hugging family and complete strangers in moments of sheer ecstasy ...

We are are not allowed to do this at a loved one's funeral. The government has its priorities wrong. That 2500 UEFA "officials" and their fartcatchers are allowed into the Country without isolation is sheer, utter stupidity.

I agree.
It's not fair and it's not logical.
To get into the stadium you needed evidence from NHS of double jab or a negative lateral flow test within last 48 hours. Token effort with enforcing masks and using alternate seats. Don't know who could police this at funerals.

We can't let our lives be controlled by government beyond the scheduled lifting of all restrictions July 19th. A lot of people already ignoring the mask wearing rules.

Sharing a great experience with 40,000 other fans. Singing. Hugging family and complete strangers in moments of sheer ecstasy ... while using alternate seats. Right .......... :ROFLMAO:
All the 'rules' were ignored once inside.

No one would stop me hugging at a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back