Which paint?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byrnsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Im looking some advice on which paint to use for outdoor furniture. I had the great idea of making some adirondack chairs out of decking for springtime for out in the garden, only getting around to painting them now. I planed it all up and made the chairs and primed with 1 pack grey primer from a car paint shop. Im not really sure about which paint i can use over the top of it or if i should have used this primer at all. Iv been looking through this part of the forum and to be honest im no further forward on which paint to finish it with. Iv read about 2 pack but to be honest it sounds nasty stuff so dont want to use it. So I want a paint thats hard wearing, quick drying and can be sprayed through a gun (iv got one of those cheap Earlux guns) so has anyone any advice please?

I'm using Ronseal fence and garden paint at the moment, Just painted a small summer house and some new softwood
furniture, goes on really well and the third coat brings up the finish really well, and no brushmarks.
I would think that if you think water based finish would work for you, you would need to rub down well for a good bite.
Regards Rodders

I did look at the ronseal but wasnt sure if it would meybe react with the primer iv put on,also not sure if it would spray through the gun as i cba painting by brush. The do have nice colours tho.

You can get tester pots I believe, brush some Ronseal underneath, or somewhere out of site and see how you get on.
I did use the stone colour from B&Q in a tester seemed ok too!
Regards Rodders

Back