which external mobile hard drive?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had a failure of any external drive or stick and will quite happily carry small files about on a cheapo supermarket stick.

I have had a number of desktop and laptop drives fail on me though.

Cheers guys!

I think this is going to end up going round in circles between the pro-hard drive camp and the pro-USB stick camp :roll: :lol: :lol:

I think she's coming down on the side of a couple of good sticks and backing one up onto the other.

I do still like the idea of a desktop ExHD to back up my PC data on tho. I'll follow up on that one, methinks! :D

I've just been taking a look at the one that failed on her. My pc recognises it as a storage device, says it's ready for use but then tells me to insert a drive when I try to open F:\ from 'My Computer' :? The IT bods at her school have had a long head scratch over it and have come to the conclusion that its buggerd. :roll:

Thanks again for all your help. Very muchly appreciated. :D

Now get back to work! :wink:

Bryn :)

pren":qj59v6p1 said:
I've just been taking a look at the one that failed on her. My pc recognises it as a storage device, says it's ready for use but then tells me to insert a drive when I try to open F:\ from 'My Computer' :? The IT bods at her school have had a long head scratch over it and have come to the conclusion that its buggerd. :roll:
Sounds like it needs formatting to me. Try it and see what happens. if it works, great, if not then you've lost nothing.

Back