Which 1/2 Router for Table Use?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chems

Established Member
Reaction score
Im about to buy my first proper router and have narrowed the choice down to either the Trend T11, some of the features I like is the through table bit change and winding the depth up through the table. Looking at £230 for one of those.

Another fore-runner is the Triton 1400W Compact Router which has all the features of the T11 nearly but less power and no through the table bit change but is considerably cheaper at £150. The other option is the Triton 2200W model which does all the T11 does for £199.

Are both of these good choices?

the big triton is well regarded and you might be able to pick it up for under £100 at B&Q

I've got one and am very happy with it

mike

I have the large Triton in my table and would highly reccomend it, didnt get a discounted one though, got mine at a cost of £181 from Buck & Ryan

Chems":27ga4orl said:
Another fore-runner is the Triton 1400W Compact Router which has all the features of the T11 nearly but less power and no through the table bit change.

It does have though table bit change, but I would say it is slightly underpowered for table use. Much better to go for the big Triton.

I still have a unopened boxed one of these triton routers which i was saving for a rainy day but could be tempted to let it go as its just taking up space in me garage. If interested pm me.

I have a 1020 1/4 at the moment and agree that 1400 is probably a bit low, Id like to be future proof.

What about the T11? I may be able to get one for 150?

Chems":9fxasbm5 said:
What about the T11? I may be able to get one for 150?

The T11 is well regarded also and is probably better balanced for those occasions when you might want to use it out of the table, but both the Trend and the Triton will do what you want and are unlikely to dissapoint.

Cheers, Paul. :D

chems

don't want to be cheeky, so am asking your permission to answer andypo's invitation for a pm regarding the triton.

have to say I think you would be happy with this router, but if you didn't want it I may be interested.

Let me know, it's my birthday this week!!!!!!

Neil

For anyone thats interested the B&Q in Chelmsford (big one at Springfield), had 10 of these at £99.50 on Sunday afternoon,,,,

I've had the Erbauer in my table for the last year from Screwfix and for the money it's been superb. Bit of a hassle getting the springs out but would recommend it for the built-in micro-adjust.

Brian

Have you thought buying a porter cable router from the States. I tried one recently which was fitted in a table. If i was buying another router i,d buy one.It was fixed base ,designed for easy table use and had some sort of inbuilt height adjustment,which you could raise the cutter by using a hex socket from above the table.

Latest posts

Back