Best router for table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs6mra

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Trend CRT MK III Router table and would like the know what other router besides the Trend T11 and T14 that I can use on this table without out having to mess about with plates and enable me to use the adjuster at the top. I have read through other threads but I have not been able to figure out whether the Triton TRA001 would fit the bill.

Take a look at the Trend Unibase (or Axminster equivalent) as this may allow a Triton to fit your table. I have one fitted to my Triton MOF001 to allow me to use Trend bushes. I'm not sure if you can use it with a Trend table mind you as you normally remove the base to fit to an insert.

yes but I use an Incra Insert in my self-made table. If you want to use the tabletop adjuster you need to make sure there's a suitably positioned hole in your table. However, you really don't need to - I often adjust from under t he table as it's faster.

CRT MK3 Manual has some compatible routers listed.

Tritons use their own hole configuration (not compatible with other routers). I had to drill new holes for my Triton MOF001 to fit it into Trend CRT MK3 using metric thread holes on the router base. Triton also has 4 imperial thread holes but I did not have long enough bolts and did not invest much time to check if imperial holes would fit.

As @mikej460 mentioned - it is faster to adjust from under the table (when CRT sits on top of another table, e.g. workbench)
1658086365243.png

Attachments

• 1658086346170.png
    1658086346170.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 0
I am partial to hitachi M12V. this stems from when I was cutting a lot of raised panels and many of the higher HP 1/2" shank routers had a lot of flex in the mounts.

And for those who cut raised panels a slight "dig-in" by the router bit means a lot of sanding to make it disappear. Bought and returned three such routers til I hit on the hitachi

That flex is easily measured ith a dialindicator on the base and the indicator button on a large cutter ...then push down on the side of the base where the dial indicator base is mounted. Maybe more modern router bases are better.

Still my fav.

Eric in the colonies

Not sure about that table (I just drilled/tapped a generic aluminium plate) but the Triton TRA001 is brilliant for router table use. You can use the adjuster from the top but I find it's often easier (depending on where you've got the fence, any jigs, etc) to just reach under and adjust that way.

Back