Where to find Euro cabinet door slides?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

It's been forever since I posted on here, what with my workshop plans having been delayed about 2 years all in all. Hey ho.

I have a current project to make a built in cabinet in a window alcove that will have a top at desk height, on which we can keep our printers, providing storage for photo gear etc underneath. Due to the room layout and usage we want to make the storage have twin sliding doors, like a sideboard.

Now our side board downstairs is an Ikea job with these slides:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offe ... ct=Details

They work so well that I'd really like to find those fittings in the UK. Of course I can order them from Rockler, but I was hoping to source some here. Isaac Lord has a vaguely similar thing, but the "Euro" 35mm fit is perfect for the application, and the door remain dismountable.

Anybody know where to find them?

Cheers,

Martyn

Scrit":2na08ban said:
Hi Martyn

You could try Hafele who certainly do them. There's also Woodfit, who do some sliding door kits. Can't say about Isaac Lord, as I don't use them.

Scrit

Doh! Loads of them on Hafele, once you try a browser their website likes. Hafele and Hawa brands, all without pictures, but I think I'll manage to work out which is which using Google.

I'd found the Woodfit one before, it is the same as the one Isaac Lord has - a bit low grade by the looks of it.

Thanks folks, I hadn't come across Hafele before, now I think I'm sorted.

Cheers,

Martyn

I believe Hafele are trade only directly. I recently wanted some floating shelf brackets from them and I didn't want a box of 100 (4 actually).

I contacted Isaac Lord and they will supply any Hafele item you want in small quantities as well. Delivery was 5 days and the price seemed ok.

Gav

you may find that the price is for 100's but you can order singles. You do have to create an account first that could take a week but you don't have to be a business to open this account.

Andy

I,ve used the woodfit ones on several occasions, easy to fit and the doors slide effortlessly.

Most good ironmongery will supply individual Hafale items, my local architectural imongers can get any thing in a day or two, they also have the full catalogue to look through with all the details.

Jason

Back