Where to buy wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodmonkey":28ifez9u said:
.White oak is harder to source than European oak.

If you go in the timber dealers round here and ask for oak, you will get American white, you have to ask if you want euro and it costs more :(

Ahhh well you see, you are paying for better quality :mrgreen:

Woodmonkey":2948bzlc said:

If you go in the timber dealers round here and ask for oak, you will get American white, you have to ask if you want euro and it costs more :(

Really? I wouldn't know where to start looking for white oak up here. Have to admit, I haven't tried though.

marcros":12e4lluz said:
Woodmonkey":12e4lluz said:

Really? I wouldn't know where to start looking for white oak up here. Have to admit, I haven't tried though.

Amazing....round here, every single supplier you ask for oak...it's AWO. European oak is almost always either French or from Eastern Europe and is a special....not quite under the counter but not typically displayed.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the "pack price" and a "selection price" when buying timber?

Latest posts

Back