what's to do in Oxford?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Very long shot that I might get to go to Oxford one day and I'm curious what's to do there. I'd likely be there for a week at most and would be doing training at Penlon. Of course that is IF I can convince my employer to send me there. Like a I said a long shot but now I'm curious.

You could go and visit Timbmet :lol: Large uk supplier of timber .

:D Hi Dave Oxford is a Lovey city my wife was stationed just outside at Abingdon where we were married :lol:

let us know when you will be over and where else you are staying might be able to get together

Martyn :D

Thanks for the suggestions and thank you Martyn2 for the offer. We'll see what happens. My employer would need to buy some new anesthesia machines from Penlon first. Probably a ways down the line.

DaveR
If you can, stay at The Old Parsonage, superb! If not just have dinner there.
Spent 6 weeks there a few years ago on a big film job, had a great time, Oxford is lovely. Just walk around and soak it all up...
Regards
martin

Get on a train to Cambridge. :D

Much nicer place, not so urban/Londony.

Not that I'm biased or anything. :p

More pubs than you'll ever need, stroll down The High and look out for many Morse locations e.g. The Randolph Hotel, The Trout pub just outside Oxford and of course the Ashmole' wherin you will find precious ancient coins housed in stunning cabinets two of which were constructed by a most talented cabinetmaker,who shall for modesties sake remain nameless :lol:
Great place to be especially if you're young.
Enjoy it

Dom

As Dom says - the Trout is a 'must' if you want the English pub experience - you can sit out on the terrace and watch the Thames going by as the peacocks steal your food... I'd get out into the Cotswolds if you want some 'olde worlde' England though - half an hour away, and truly beautiful.

Dave R":1vuq02bk said:
Very long shot that I might get to go to Oxford one day and I'm curious what's to do there. I'd likely be there for a week at most and would be doing training at Penlon. Of course that is IF I can convince my employer to send me there. Like a I said a long shot but now I'm curious.

I used to live in Brize Norton 15 miles west of Oxford, first stop for me when swmbo went shopping in the city was always Blackwells Bookshop in Broad street, the selection on any subject is just huge, it's opposite the ashmolean Museum so you can do it the same day. Don't even think about eating in the "Randolph" it a cost you an arm and a leg and is totally over rated, there is a good pub with food next door to Blackwells. Blenheim Palace is once visited never forgotten experience and it is only about a 15 minute drive from the city just head for Woodstock (The real Woodstock :) ) I won't list the colleges there are just too many but Christchurch with it's cathedral is worth a visit, the old gaol might appeal if your that way inclined :) just head for the rail station from Carfax in the city centre.

Back