What's the best way of promoting a blog

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys, any suggestions on promoting my blog, it's doing well in the stats considering it has only been going for about 6 weeks but I need a few tips on where and how to promote it more.
So if any of you bloggers could help that would be great.

Also any comments would be appreciated but remember it's not aimed at woodworkers more general and client based, there will be work in progress pictures in the new year.

Link is in my signature

Bob if you want any advice I'd be happy to help.

Lots and lots of Tags help, for when people do a google. Most hits I've had in one day is over a thousand, I even had one hundred and seventy hits Christmas day :roll: most of them searching via google. You would need tags like "bespoke" and "handmade" added to every pic :lol:

Tom, PM sent

LN, could you have a peek and see if the tags I've now done for every post look good or suggest others.

Thanks guys :D

Perhaps not a direct answer but keeping people on the blog once they've arrived and then coming back is the key to increasing views and a steady following. Pictures seem to be the key for a lot of people. avoid long posts and don't go too long without including some photographs, illustrations, etc. Imagine a visitor landing on your blog, doing a quick 5-10 second scroll of the content. If they find words they're not likely to stay around long. If they find some interesting pictures they'll hang around a bit longer and, if their interest builds, they may even bookmark and return.

Back