What's happened to some of our more illustrious posters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacob didnt start another group or forum he simply found another place and sent a link incase people wanted to chat with him again . I for one do want to talk to him again beacuse he has alot of interesting things to say about wood work and joinery .
Myself i have started up another place where we can talk and have a laugh while Admin and the Mods sort it out .
Not a splinter group just a place for now .......

Karley wrote:
To my mind, Mr G was so funny I used to read his posts just for a laugh. But if others don't appreciate his dry sense of humour then I can understand.

I always found his posts highly entertaining. Not many of his type left unfortunately, we just get pleasant watered down blanks, like me :?

We are not little kids and we can communicate amongst ourselves, you might be surprised to know.
I think you should lay off. A quiet public apology would also be in order.
This group was in existence a long time before Charley hosted it and could move on again if people wanted it to.
Oddly enough it was a Yahoo group when I first joined. I argued against the various moves and left altogether when it went to MSN groups.

Quoted from someone i take advice from .

DomValente":3lee6wxj said:
Well I've just worked a straight 24 hours in an attempt to get a restaurant opened to deadline and really feel like "shooting from the hip"
As Scrit said professionals tend to be a little more abrasive and we probably have more experience.
But when I read this forum I consider everyone an equal until I decide that particular members are either stirrers or have no idea.
It's simple, as in life there are people you don't like even though you see them every day, just ignore them, don't read their replies and you won't be antagonised.
There are members who don't like me or my humour( I know they've told me so)
But I will not lower myself to petty attacks against them, it would be too easy.
Let's get back to an open, friendly forum and make it one that shouldn't need moderation.

Dom

here here

Its actually a good laugh philly , A friend of mine is hosting it from his auction site . You of course are welcome to view it . Last time i looked they where talking about extreme carpentry in bra and panties :lol: It really kicked off when someone said 4 " heels not 6 " !

Scrit":39nomrcy said:
That isn't a nanny state approach, it's just plain common sense (if there is such a thing) or more likely experience and training, and I was, incidentally, not the only professional woodworker to make such a comment. Jacob did as well

Regards

Scrit

What Jacob actually said was :-

"Well he knows what he's doing and has obviously done it before.
But the biggest hazard with a band saw IMHO is with pieces which are not firmly seated on the table e.g. round logs - they can spin and jam, or you might forget that the blade is coming out under it and catch your fingers.
Unstable pieces like this example can tilt and suddenly jam the blade which may break out from the workpiece, even though it looks safely contained within.
No doubt Scrit will fill in the details!
cheers
Jacob"

Jacob acknowledged that this guy knew what he was doing and had done it before which was my point entirely.
Anyway we are not going to agree on this but what is disappointing and brings us back to topic is that Jacob cannot comment himself.

Whilst this is Charley's site it would not exist without it's members there are obviously a number who feel uncomfortable not only about the fact that Jacob has been banned but also about what many feel to be over vealous moderation. Whilst the later appears to have been addressed, and I am sure everyone is prepared to give things time to see whether that's the case but there has been no real explanation, despite requests, as to what rules Jacob broke and why he was banned.

Until such an explanation is given this issue will just trundle on.

With no Senior and Mr G whos going to stop the slope getting steeper!!

HELP! :shock:

Darren

Vormulac":19d1hljq said:
I thought we were talking about Mr_G - where has Senior gone? (I have read the thread, did I miss something?)

I believe Senior was banned a while ago.

Mike

Greetings! & Salutations!

Well, having not been here for some time (called work!!!! Yes, i am retired but do some contract work) I have now read through this lot and come to the conclusion that i would need to watch my P's & Q's, my diction, spelling, attitude and langauge and at the end of the day just put my head down and try to see whats going on in my workshop! I believe that the spiders are staging a take-over bid.

To put it very plain and simple, i am actually disgusted at what i have read.
We are here to do woodwork, promote woodwork, help each other, have lots of fun and then we end up writing a load of "kak" (means dung in english) Please note that the word missing should be s-h-i-t.

Come on guys & gals, lets move on. Life is just too short. I have just had another friend pass on at age 62!

Ok, now ban me for my attitude & language.
SWMBO would love me to be banned from the garage/workshop area.

Cheers
Phil
(with a can of Windhoek Lager in the hand)
8)

Charley":2zi5tipf said:
First I would like to publicly apologise to the moderators and the members for not replying to this thread sooner, it seems to have kicked off without anyone knowing the facts. It was my decision to ban Jacob and I'll explain why in a second. As the moderators are more active on the forums then me they seem to get all the stick when all they are trying to do is keep everyone happy so I'd appreciate if you can show them some respect.

For those of you who aren't aware, Jacob was recently reinstated on the forms after a months ban due to another issue. It came to my attention yesterday that Jacob sent out spam PM's which I find is unacceptable and is why I banned him.

If you're not happy with him being banned then please don't take it out on the moderators, it was my decision - so moan at me :)

Charley,

You say that if people are not happy with Jacobs ban they should moan at you. It's clear from this thread, other threads and the fact that some regular contibutors have set up their own forum that a a significant number of people are not happy with Jacob being banned. So a lot of people have moaned but you have not publicly responded to any of them.

What annoys me (and I presume others) is the percieved unfairness of Jacobs ban. There is nothing in the rules that prevents spam PM's but you say you find it unacceptable. So without you saying anything to the contrary it appears he was banned for rubbing you up the wrong way. Is that the case?

Grahame

Grahame

Interesting. I had no idea Jacob is no more so to speak, and somebody else banned too. I just answer the odd woodworking question every now and then, and all these disputes, soul-searching discussions, and bannings sort of drift under my radar. And I admit this is probably the first time I've dropped into the General Chat forum for weeks or even months, which no doubt contributes to keeping me in the dark.

Perhaps I could stay in more and unget (sic) a life, ha, ha. Slainte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back