What's happened to some of our more illustrious posters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own take on this is that people will make up there own minds regarding the Mods and Charley, I myself don't get to involved with the politics of it all I come here for the excellent advice, projects and what people are doing I look at this forum as an old friend!

I realise that the forum has to be policed and from what I've heard it has been handled rather heavy handed in some instances I feel a bit down that some really good posters have been lost which to me is a shame..

This is directed to CHARLEY if you don't want this forum to slowly die then somethings got to change, I know what your doing in your eyes is right (and you own the site so that's your purgative) but as you can see alot of forum members are disagreeing in the strongest manner possible!

Now can we please move on and start enjoying the forum again?... :wink:

Charley, why not offer some of the more vocal amongst posters in this thread an opportunity to moderate? It would perhaps bring some much needed balance to the moderation.

The way I look at it... I don't have a "moderator" accompanying me about all day, protecting me from the words or actions of other people. To do so introduces poor relationship dynamics which never work between adults - even when the actions of the "adult (moderator)" is trying to protect.

By contrast... Moderators should protect the forum NOT the members. This is the line that I feel gets crossed or confused. This protection can be validated by noting the need to protect the commercial viability (advertising) of the forum by encouraging members to settle personal disputes privately.

Read all the threads on this subject and the common message (when you read between the lines) is don't ban this person on my behalf...

Just some 2 cents worth of thought ..............

Look at the SDA site and see what happens if you dont have Mods around doing some form of policing.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back