What's happened to some of our more illustrious posters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I alone in wondering why Mr Grimsdale is yet again showing the "BANNED" notification on his postings? I realise that just asking this question may result in my suspension but I felt it was high time to ask why? Especially as he is one of our most experienced and knowledgeable posters.

Scrit

******* ridiculous - ban me too.

The moderation on this forum has for a while been becoming a cabal which is failing to recognise its responsibility to recognise its own biases and rise above them in their position as moderators rather than posters. There has been a lot of pathetic and childish behaviour which is going to pineapple this forum up, from a bunch of people who seem to feel themselves maligned by strong opinions which are not the same as their own. The internet is all about free expression and speech, not making a certain bunch of people who all think the same feel good about themselves because they aren't challenged in their beliefs in any way.

Really, really sad day, but one which reflects the way this place has been heading.

I saw nothing from Jacob to deserve a ban. I understand that this forum ultimately belongs to Charley and without the moderators it couldn't exist.

But equally without us, the contributors - and that includes Jacob, it's has no reason to exist.

I worry that some strong personality clashes are ruining this for all of us.

PS - if Scrit get's banned for starting this thread then I know it's time to go elsewhere.

I got a warning for asking why Tony's post had been removed that contained abusive remarks towards Jacob :roll:
Then i got told no such remark was made , then i got a reason why the post was removed for the remark that wasn't made :shock:
And now i'm talking about moderator actions again so i'm bound to be banned :shock: Oh well might aswell go out in style
Shove yer forum up yer buttocks pal !!!!! :lol:

As I said the last time the discussion about his banning came up, if this rubbish continues you'll find that certain members won't bother coming back. Then you'll have to ask yourself, who's going to come to a forum where questions remain unanswered because everyone who knew the answer has been banned or has left in protest?

I know I could stop posting here tomorrow and no-one would care, but this forum wouldn't be the same without certain members. To name a few: Senior and Jacob who have been banned, JFC who has received a warning and Scrit, along with a large number of others who are clearly not amused at the actions of certain moderators.

I appeal to Charley to sort this out. In the last thread it was mentioned that he was trying to get the balance back on track, but it clearly isn't happening. Perhaps you need to shake some of your mods and tell them to grow up and keep their personal grudges out of the forum before you see a large exodus of the very posters that make this forum what it is.

whats the betting this thread is deleted by the time i get to work? :roll:

well I am early today so....

I was also basically told to shut my mouth via PM. I can only echo what jas been said above, I think that the moderation on this forum is becoming a bit strong. Yes, I absolutely appreciate the job these guys and gals do. They do it for free and we all know moderation is needed on internet forums. But when a member is banned for what appears to be nothing offensive or derogatory then someone's gone too far (and it wasn't Jacob).

I used to like coming to this forum because it wasn't full of bickering, cliques and overmodding, like most other internet forums.

Have to agree with this. Some of the mods and Tony in particular have obviously had a humour bypass. I am not going to visit for a month or so as I presume these remarks will lead to me being being banned.

Pity that a great forum is being ruined by stupid moderation by one person.

John

I nearly, nearly posted about this a couple of days ago but thought better. I too think this forum is starting to go down the pan due to nanny state moderation. I blame one or two of the moderaters, the worst being Tony, who is just rude, pompous and arrogant to many here.

THERE, I've said what I feel! - so ban me as well. It won't make any difference as I pretty much switched off from here compared to in the past.

Ike

We are all adults and there is nothing wrong with a bit of debate and if someone is strong, forthright (and even totally inflexible) in their view what's wrong with that?
As a user of the Visordown motrocycle site I am amazed at the degree of moderation on this site (would a thread called "My most memorable fart" be allowed on here?)
Not suggesting we have a free for all but if the moderators don't lighten up more and more contributors will drift away.

I was one of the first in the old forum , all those years ago, and then we had a decent Sunday evening chat and decent mods.

Lately, I have been to busy too post, but I did keep my eye on the ball quite often. Yet, the old spirit of the first forum seems to me to be some what deminished {sp} I am sad to say it, but I will continue this action as I am totally non PC, and say it as I see it which often gets me into hot water in the real world.

So, please will the moderators get together and talk it out - the actions of banning - and make the rules CLEAR to ALL here , otherwise I see the demise of this forum which after 5 years and all the effort of Charley in maintaining it would be a great shame.

As a moderator, I would like to make a single statement on this topic

It is interesting to see so many members requesting that they be banned, and so many openly critising me before they actually are aware of the facts of Mr_Grimsdale's ban.

I can assure you that it is extremely unlikely that anyone will be banned from the forum for comments made in this thread, although you may personally regret them once the facts of the matter are revealed.

I am sure Charley will post here soon and explain why he banned Jacob.

Thanks for that Tony.

At least we now have a slight inking of the other side to the story. It needs to be something pretty bad to lose such a important member as Jacob.

I think that without the input of the likes of Jacob, Scrit JCF Keith Smith etc who are really doing this woodwork thing to survive, unlike those of us who are just playing and buying shiney toys, then the forum is just going to become a waste of time.

Whilst many people here have turned out work I can only dream of it must be remembered that they are only playing and could never break even let alone make a living. The views of folks who have to earn a living from woodwork have a noticably different outlook and for that to be lost will ruin the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back