What wax for my scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaycraft

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to this site and also new to the world of scroll sawing, having recently purchased my first scroll saw.
I am in need of a little advice.

What is the best paste wax I can get to treat the scroll saw table and does anyone know where I can get some in the uk?

Regards

jay

Hi Jay
i am also new to this ....so your question is one i was about to ask lol

where are you in Gloucester, I am in Brockworth

Dave :O)

I think any wax that doesn't contain silicon is ok, the silicon reacts with wood finishes, so it's not advised.

Gary

Hi Jay. The best wax for a scroll saw table is Liberon lubricating wax. You shake the tin, pour a little on and work it in the table, leave for a few minutes and then buff it up with a dry cloth. Its what I and many other use. It also protects the table from rust and the work slides real easy. The wood wax 22 is a was polish for wood and not recommended for scroll saw tables. Hope this helps.

Wax for rust proofing cast iron tables and other tools.

The above is a thread in General, and also mentions Chippygeoff's advice

Gary

Hi All

Thanks for your helpful replies which i will gratefully use to purchase the wax recommended. Looking forward to scrolling out a few patterns when time permits>

Regards

Jay

Hi Dave

I am in Highnam.

I've had some good replies form my question yesterday. I'm probably going to go with Liberon lubricating wax from Axminster tools which seems the popular choice.

Happy scrolling

Jay

Latest posts

Back